Doctor Who Series 7

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
Doctor Who started filming in late February. Season 7 will be 14 episodes with the final episode marking 50 years of Doctor Who for 2013.

Amy Pond and Rory will be departing during the season, (THANK YOU, Steve Moffat). There will monsters returning from the 60's and 70's episodes. A Western episode (Partially filmed in Spain). Captain Jack might be back for at least one episode, River Song will also be back, as well as Mark Sheppard as Canton. The Master might also be back, (Hopefully not played by John Simm) there are rumours Moffat might recast The Master.

The Air dates for Series Seven are likely in late August to September time frame. Its possible the Season may be split to air some episodes into 2013.

John

Last edited:
Rumors are Moffat may be looking at Benedict Cumberbatch from Sherlock to portray the Master. Ben Browder from Farscape and Stargate is in the western themed episode filming in Spain.

Sent from my HTC Flyer

It's OFFICIAL! Doctor Who's next brand-new companion will be ... | Blastr

Former Emmerdale actress, Jenna Louise Coleman announced as the Doctor's next companion. Also the Ponds will leave in episode 5 after a final adventure featuring the Weeping Angels. Ms Coleman will make her 1st appearance in episode 6 in the Christmas Episode, which means the Doctor probably won't be returning to tv until October to November.

JeannaLouiseColeman123-thumb-550x802-86805.jpg

BBC released the latest Season 7 trailer. The season premiere is being screened at the Edinburgh Television Festival again this year Aug 23/24 and rumors are BBC will start the season the next day on Aug 25 just like last year. Looks like only 5-6 episodes with the Ponds leaving and then the new companion premiering at Xmas. Then it takes a break to come back for the rest of the season in the Spring 2013 for the 50th Anniversary.

Last edited by a moderator:
DR.WHO fans and I know you are out there

:) I've been waiting all summer for the new season. I just got the date Sat Sept 1st. 9pm
YAY!!!!!!!! Episode is titled Asylum of the Daleks. I apologize if this is a double post, I couldn't find it anywhere in the threads, so I wanted to post it. Just got BBCA in HD this is going to be great!! :)

This episode was epic! I won't say more but the end is heartbreaking.
Yep don't want to give it away for those who haven't seen it but man what a great story and acting job through out. I can't wait for them to re-air it. I'll get all teary eyed again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)