Doctor Who Series 7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Tom Baker is the old Dr. I grew up with. I remember at a young age sitting around on the weekends watching his episodes, had a dark feel to them. Not sure what channel they came on because I probably did not even have cable at that point (early 80's).
probably PBS. Ga Public TV used to show it at 10pm on Saturday night. I used to watch back in the 80's. They would rotate Tom Baker's, then 1 year they got the Peter Davidson's (Ironically we saw the 5 Doctors before they showed any of Peter's other episodes, kinda a sneak peak). Then about a year later we got the Jon Pertwee episodes. So they would cycle between the 3 of them.
Then in the late 80's we would get Colin Baker & Sly McCoy season's right after the seasons finished in the UK. GPT did the Trial of a Time Lord as a single event, that was a long night.

Ah, the good old days. relied heavily on the VCR, as some of the 6 parters would end after midnight.

Tom Baker is the old Dr. I grew up with. I remember at a young age sitting around on the weekends watching his episodes, had a dark feel to them. Not sure what channel they came on because I probably did not even have cable at that point (early 80's).
probably PBS. Ga Public TV used to show it at 10pm on Saturday night. I used to watch back in the 80's. They would rotate Tom Baker's, then 1 year they got the Peter Davidson's (Ironically we saw the 5 Doctors before they showed any of Peter's other episodes, kinda a sneak peak). Then about a year later we got the Jon Pertwee episodes. So they would cycle between the 3 of them.
Then in the late 80's we would get Colin Baker & Sly McCoy season's right after the seasons finished in the UK. GPT did the Trial of a Time Lord as a single event, that was a long night.

Ah, the good old days. relied heavily on the VCR, as some of the 6 parters would end after midnight.

I do agree that some of Tom's had a dark feel, especially during Sarah Jane's final season and during Leela's first year. Those 2 years had more of a gothic feel, especially with the wood paneled console room.

That was it, because I remember seeing the Davidson stuff too. I used to love staying up and seeing those creepy episodes. Some of my favorite shows are the ones like the Angels recently, they are just super dark, Im not as much a fan of the campy ones.

I missed all the David Tennant stuff, and got back in for Matt's first year. I was unsure about him in the beginning, but grew to become a big fan of the Dr Who series again.

I've actually never seen the Sylvestor McCoy episodes. OETA stopped carrying Doctor Who when The Trial of a Time Lord finished. I got to see bits and pieces occasionally on vacation sometimes, if we were in an area that was still showing it.

I wouldn't mind a woman in the lead role, but don't make her the Doctor. Time Lords/Ladies have never been shown to change genders, and just to do it now for "wow" factor would likely ruin the show.

Ron Weasley as the Doctor would be interesting, he'd finally be ginger. I could see the actor doing a good job.
I do prefer the idea of Martin Freeman. Be nice to see someone older back in the role.

It would be cool if he could change genders when ever he regenerated. That way he could see how the other half lives or when he got bored and wanted a change . Of course it would change her idea of traveling companions too. The whole dynamic would change if that could happen. Of course Dr.Who could just meet a female time lord and they could pair up and have adventures together. It would involve some time traveling back to when there were time lords, but I don't see why they couldn't do that.

Id probably not watch it during the times they had a woman doctor. Nothing against women, but certain roles need to be a certain way, and Im not just going to take it seriously.

None of the choices really thrill me. I think it's time for an older Doctor again.

meanwhile, the Telegraph is saying that Rory Kinnear was offered the role.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...James-Bond-star-to-be-its-new-Doctor-Who.html

I would trust The Telegraph more than Blastr. It sounds like Kinnear may have accepted this afternoon UK time as the betting parlors have stopped taking bets on who the next Doctor will be.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/showbiz/doctor-who-bets-next-doctor-4282288

Evidently a picture of the new 12th Doctor has been leaked...

doctor_whooves_by_hezaa-d4mpk1l.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)