Doctor Who Series 7

Very good finale. Nice the way they blended some of the old Doctors into it. Hate the wait till November for the conclusion during the 50th Anniversary special.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I am the impossible fan. I'm here to watch the Doctor. I don't know where I am...

Best episode of the season, my hat is off to Moffat. Now, when I watch older episodes, I'm going to be searching for previously

un-noticed influences from Clara. (even though they may not be there).

Very good finale. Nice the way they blended some of the old Doctors into it. Hate the wait till November for the conclusion during the 50th Anniversary special.

I agee 100 %..:) I was hoping it was going to be longer than an hour, because he told the tale so well. November seems like such a long way away now!

john-hurt-doctor-who.jpg
dw-50th-location-johnhurt.jpg
Seeing how his clothes seem to be a mix of Paul McGann's and Chris Eccelston, it looks like John Hurt was the true 9th Doctor, which knocks Matt Smith to 12th, meaning he only has a single regeneration left.

Rumors are he is the doctor from the time wars and would fall between mcgann and eccleston.

I dont think they're sticking to the limited regenerations.

I dont think they're sticking to the limited regenerations.
Likely they'll make a big deal about it during the next Doctor's final season, then find someway around it. John Nathan Turner made a joke about it for when the time comes, said they could just use a stone of something or another that circumvents the limit.

The '13 lives' rule would be enforced by the High Council of Timelords. Unfortunately they are much too busy, being banished from the universe, to have any real say at this point.

Both those theories have been talked about. He has more regenerations because of River's sacrifice and the 12 regenerations was a High Council decree and no longer enforceable since the Time Lords are trapped in the bubble. I guess we will eventually find out what the writers plan to use.

I am confident that he will be able to regenerate as long as the series continues and they need new actors...

It is a brilliant ploy they came up with to switch actors.

I am confident that he will be able to regenerate as long as the series continues and they need new actors...

It is a brilliant ploy they came up with to switch actors.

Also makes it very easy to keep costs down on actor salaries when you can switch anytime there is a problem with an actor. Don't like our salary we are willing to pay, that is alright....Regenerate time!!!

I have grown to like Matt Smith as the doctor. I think John Hurt will be too old to be a doctor. I know the doctor has been old in the past, but since the series reboot he has been pretty young and energetic.

3 full seasons, that seem to be the standard ever since Patrick Troughton recommended to Peter Davidson to quit after 3. The only ones to do longer than that were Jon Pertwee (5 seasons) and Tom Baker (7 seasons).

Tom Baker is the old Dr. I grew up with. I remember at a young age sitting around on the weekends watching his episodes, had a dark feel to them. Not sure what channel they came on because I probably did not even have cable at that point (early 80's).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)