Doctor Who

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Okay, caught up.

So far the season has been middle of the road. I do enjoy having multiple companions, as that aspect is classic Doctor Who and allows for more things.

I also enjoyed Rosa, great writing and story except for the bad guy. His motivations made absolutely no sense. Being from that far in the future, Rosa Parks would mean nothing to him. Nor were the motivations even explained, almost like they just added him to the story to give a reason for the episode.

Reactions: TheKrell
So far it's okay. I haven't watched last night's yet, but when I saw the trailer for the "Rosa Parks" episode, I did have misgivings that this was a Quantum Leap/Timeless kind of show.
Yeah, the episode really didn't feel like Doctor Who to me, but I chalk that up to him being a woman and the need to get used to that.

I think Rosa was labelled as episode 3. If the season premier with Whittaker was labelled episode 0, I must have missed 1 and 2. :(

I think Rosa was labelled as episode 3. If the season premier with Whittaker was labelled episode 0, I must have missed 1 and 2. :(
It was the third episode of the season, so you've only missed the second.

BBC America has all 3 up on their site. The first one doesn't need a login, but for the others you can use your cable/satellite provider login to access.
Doctor Who | BBC America

The Woman Who Fell To Earth
The Ghost Monument
Rosa

I've got a weird one here. According to Dish Anywhere on my PC, The Ghost Monument is there. According to Dish Anywhere on my Fire TV stick, it's not there. When looking at my recordings directly on the Hopper, I don't remember seeing it there either. :(

I've got a weird one here. According to Dish Anywhere on my PC, The Ghost Monument is there. According to Dish Anywhere on my Fire TV stick, it's not there. When looking at my recordings directly on the Hopper, I don't remember seeing it there either. :(
It was a fairly forgettable episode, so worst case you're not missing anything.

Well... I finally located the vanishing episode 2 and it was pilot error on the Fire TV Stick. I even had difficulty locating it on my Joey. :mad: Whoever kept demanding Dish upgrade their GUI should have their HEAD examined! The old VIP receiver GUI was just fine and you could find everything easily.

Oh, and I liked the episode a lot more than the Rosa episode.

Reactions: lfp302 and osu1991
On "Rosa" - I thought it was entertaining and educational. The "Timeless" bit about "oh no, he's changing history. We must manipulate things back to the correct path by becoming part of it" seemed forced and a bit tedious after the third or fourth twist. The "white supremacist" alien from the future trying to fix where everything "went wrong" in his worldview, ok, he was sent to the past so maybe we see him again. If they are going to do period-historical, there doesn't always need to be an extraterrestrial bad guy, just saying.

If you scramble the letters in "DOCTOR WHO" you get "TORCHWOOD"

There have been times in past series where the TARDIS became uncontrollable and went wherever it wanted so I'm not shocked by that. That's less of a plot hole than somehow surviving breathing hard vacuum until miraculously picked up by a passing spaceship. Or falling from above the stratosphere to crash thru the roof of a train with nary a scratch.

But hey, it's Doctor Who, so I keep watching.

Did everybody see the arachnid episode? I feel like part of my recording was lost. At one moment, Sheffield was being overrun by giant spiders. The next moment, our 3 new companions were signing on to more adventures with the Dr. What the heck happened in between?

Did everybody see the arachnid episode? I feel like part of my recording was lost. At one moment, Sheffield was being overrun by giant spiders. The next moment, our 3 new companions were signing on to more adventures with the Dr. What the heck happened in between?
BBC America is cutting the episodes for time (ie, squeeze in more commercials).
I've noticed the jumps in every episodes so far this season.

But for that much of a jump, sounds like your recording could be messed up.
You can check the episode out at BBC America to catch what you missed.

dr who companions
But for that much of a jump, sounds like your recording could be messed up. You can check the episode out at BBC America to catch what you missed.

If anybody saw it, can you just tell me how the arachnid invasion was resolved? I don't want to waste any more time on that episode! (The following one was much better. Name escapes me.)

If anybody saw it, can you just tell me how the arachnid invasion was resolved? I don't want to waste any more time on that episode! (The following one was much better. Name escapes me.)
They used some sort of noise to make all the spiders go into a safe room, at which point they closed the safe room door to trap the spiders, who would eventually die because their large size made it hard for them to breath.

I really don’t care for this female Doctor. I have only stayed fully awake for like one of the episodes. This season has been heavily based on Earth and Britain ,even in the past. I did like the episode about Rosa Parks and the music at the end: Rise Up. Still miss David Tenant and Matt - what’s his name. Dont miss the old man who was the doctor before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts