Does a Tivo box still work with a D10-200?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

T_N_T

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
Hendersonville,TN
Hey guys,

I am bidding on a D10-200 unit from ebay, is it still possible to get the d10-200 to work with a tivo series 2 unit? I heard somewhere that directv locks down the usb ports but I am not sure.

T_N_T

D10s don't have usb ports I don't believe. The locked down usb ports are on Directivo units, like the r10. I don't know what you'd want to use the usb ports for anyway?

If you want to use a series2 standalone you shouldn't have problems. Just run the IR blaster cable to the front of the box. I've set up series 2 units with D11 boxes previously. Shouldn't be any different.

Sorry, I meant to say serial port(because there is a serial port on the tivo box), but is the IR blaster cable suppossed to come with my d11 box? That would be great if I didnt have to revert to the D10.

I found it at the tivo website, if the d10 doesnt work with the serial port I'll just buy the IR blaster cable, my brother said those are unreliable though.

I have a D10-200 that received a software update back in March (I think). After the update, anytime you tried to tune to a channel from the guide, the picture would not come on. Just a black screen after the channel banner disappeared. I tried an unsuccesful forced update on it today..

I would shy away from that model..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)