Does anyone know ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
I dont know if this has been ask befor ? Does anyone know how many Sub's Directv an or Dish had after there 1st 6 months?

E* had 325,000 in its first 6 months.

We'll I guess the next question is why can't voom get this many, Is it because people just dont know about voom or not enough people are interested in HD? Or is people are just happy with what they got snd just dont want too switch?

LOBO2999 said:
We'll I guess the next question is why can't voom get this many, Is it because people just dont know about voom or not enough people are interested in HD? Or is people are just happy with what they got snd just dont want too switch?

All of the above, that's the problem for Voom.

Well...

It's a different time now. I think it has a little something to do with people not knowing and caring about HD programming (yet) but, more importantly, when DTV and Dish started the only alternative was cable. People were fed up with cable and wanted to switch...so they did. Now, cable has gotten better (overall) and people are happy with DTV/Dish as well. There's not as large a market to pull from which is part of the reason (I'm sure) why Voom decided to go after the HD market. I don't think ANYONE here would switch to Voom if it weren't for HD. Also, I'd venture to guess there are many of us who still have an active DTV and/or Dish sub alondside our Voom sub.

Bottom line is it's a different market and it was way easier to pick up the subs back then. It's more of an uphill battle for Voom.

The Rickster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)