Does anyone own a HD SatHawk PVR8000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

James leandre

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
26.4 N, 81.4 W
How is everyone doing today?
Sadoun have a FTA receiver that does DVB & DVB-S2 called the SatHawk. Has anyone bought one yet? I'm curies about the blind scan on that receiver, because nobody has done a equipment review on the Sathawk.

Why hasnt there been a review? honestly.....it was too buggy to even do a half assed review

It still has quirks but is getting better.

Here is a quick synopsis from me a month or so ago

Pros:
Fast Blind Scan - DVB & DVB-S2...faster than my Coolsat
No need for DVB-S2 FEC and Pilot, just need Freq - Polarity - Scan Rate
Motor is spot on both Diseqc 1.2 and USALS
63 motor settings for Diseqc 1.2 (some receivers only have 20-25)

Cons:
If you use a motor you can only use one LNB. The switch options are basically turned off for a motor
No 4:2:2 support...get a gobbly gook screen
Will not play AC-3 audio through HDMI or RCA cables. Will play through coaxial plug
stutters on high bitrate channels

I just ordered one yesterday!I have read here that it is somewhat buggy ,but it does seem that the manufacture is doing its best to rid them with firmware updates.I have always been a sucker for the underdogs and heres hoping this receiver (my first) will do ok.while I'm here ill ask this question ! Does sadoun.com email out a tracking number when shipped or do i just wait 5 to 7 days for UPS to show up at the door.I just ordered last night and the only email back so far has been a receit of the order.

Last edited:
Here's an interesting website sathawk.tv It has info on the Sathawk meters and reciever. You can also order a mug, tshirt or stein. :)

while I'm here ill ask this question ! Does sadoun.com email out a tracking number when shipped or do i just wait 5 to 7 days for UPS to show up at the door.I just ordered last night and the only email back so far has been a receit of the order.
Same situation, I wondered too! I ordered a C2 LNB from him and have not heard a word since 3/20.........:(

From the site it shows 3/31 as ship date

Thanks again Ice.Does this mean i will be getting tracking info on that date by Email?I cant seem to get any more info from the site, my order number is good for getting UPS tracking which i dont have as yet.Dont wish to hijack this thread any more.So this last question should finish it.

Last edited:
Thanks again Ice.Does this mean i will be getting tracking info on that date by Email?I cant seem to get any more info from the site, my order number is good for getting UPS tracking which i dont have as yet.Dont wish to hijack this thread any more.So this last question should finish it.

I checked site again I must of missed that ship date on website.Im all set now! just need to sit back and wait.Counting the days to satelllite time.:)

SJ,

When you order ships, you will receive a UPS tracking number the same day. This will allow you to track it online.

For the other member who asked about the C2 Dual C-Band LNBF, there is a slight delay because we ran out of stock and waiting for new stock to arrive from the supplier. As soon as it gets here, we will send you a tracking number.

SJ,

When you order ships, you will receive a UPS tracking number the same day. This will allow you to track it online.

For the other member who asked about the C2 Dual C-Band LNBF, there is a slight delay because we ran out of stock and waiting for new stock to arrive from the supplier. As soon as it gets here, we will send you a tracking number.
Thanks Sadoun!Its good to have someone who keeps the customers informed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)