Does DirecTV have an answer to Hopper3/HopperGo?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's okay, I don't really care.
I just like gathering information.
Clearly across the board sports is ridiculous for what subscribers are forced to pay.
College and Pro.
Dish is nice price wise and all the Promos they offer their existing customer.

But I still think not having NY RSNs is Hurting them far more then Directv not having PAC12.
And Hurting is putting it Lightly.

It's okay, I don't really care.
I just like gathering information.
Clearly across the board sports is ridiculous for what subscribers are forced to pay.
College and Pro.
Dish is nice price wise and all the Promos they offer their existing customer.

But I still think not having NY RSNs is Hurting them far more then Directv not having PAC12.
And Hurting is putting it Lightly

This is my point.

I don't think either is really hurting company a or b. Think they are getting along just fine without, and they have different offerings for different people.

Pro sports DTV

Equipment and lower rates Dish.

Older folks cable

Cord cutting millenials.

I don't think either is really hurting company a or b. Think they are getting along just fine without, and they have different offerings for different people.

Pro sports DTV

Equipment and lower rates Dish.

Older folks cable

Cord cutting millenials.
It's not a matter of an offering .
It's a Matter of coverage.
You can't expect to gather some of the 20.1 million potential customers that you supposedly cover with services, but yet don't offer any Baseball, Basketball, or Hockey from their own markets.

NY sports is HUGE!.
NY and NJ residents are HUGE SPORT'S fans.
8 Million Yankees fans.
If anyone is still doing fine that's NY sports without Dish, Not the other way around.

Dish hasn't seen any major downfall since dropping the last NY sports channel several years ago. You are right that it is huge in Ny, but all parties seem to be getting along just fine. Dish doesn't need NY sports, DTV doesn't need Pac12 and everyone plays happily. I would venture that both satellite companies biggest downfall in NY would be high rises, LOS, and weather.

i think im gonna just convo directv every week and ask about a native 4k box
maybe one day i will get an answer of whats coming out

It's not a matter of an offering .
It's a Matter of coverage.
You can't expect to gather some of the 20.1 million potential customers that you supposedly cover with services, but yet don't offer any Baseball, Basketball, or Hockey from their own markets.

NY sports is HUGE!.
NY and NJ residents are HUGE SPORT'S fans.
8 Million Yankees fans.
If anyone is still doing fine that's NY sports without Dish, Not the other way around.
It's not really a big deal. Most people in NY can't have satellite TV because of high rises and/or deals with the local cable companies.

It's not really a big deal. Most people in NY can't have satellite TV because of high rises and/or deals with the local cable companies.
Saying that most people in NY can't get Directv is simply wrong. SOME people, mostly in Manhattan, can't get Directv because of high rise buildings. Deals with the cable companies doesn't stop anyone with a los and access to a private area to install a dish from getting Directv.
Oh, and Happy Birthday to you Marcingak!

Reactions: Troch77
Would their new Gateway have the DSL Modem/Router built into it or would that still be separate and made by DTV and not UVerse since AT&T said they wont make UVerse CPE anymore? Also when will it be out? Probably not until 2017 right?

Would their new Gateway have the DSL Modem/Router built into it or would that still be separate and made by DTV and not UVerse since AT&T said they wont make UVerse CPE anymore? Also when will it be out? Probably not until 2017 right?
Are you talking about right now, or a years or so into the future ?

No one knows for sure what will happen down the road...
ATT has not said they will not make Uverse CPE ... were still putting it in daily.

Status
Please reply by conversation.