Does DirecTV have an answer to Hopper3/HopperGo?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As a federal agency, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) receives its funding from the annual federal budget passed by the United States Congress.

This is what I mean by we all pay for
I was referring to the channel, not NASA itself.

NASA UHD (the 4K one) is 24/7 but the content is just on a loop right now, looks amazing though.

For details on how we are capturing that feed check out the thread "New NASA UHD channel" over in the Free To Air (FTA) Discussion forum if you are interested.
I have looked at it twice early after it signed on and only say Nasa 4K color bars and I believe once it said powered by some company. Glad to heard its running real video now 24 / 7.

They want to move to a home gateway system with just clients at the tv's.

Still they will need some kind of system maybe non DVR for sports bars and hotels.

Dual gig power for hotels 1 link just for TV streams and other for internet?
Will they still have tuner based clients? Or will the Gateway only have tuners and the clients will be Ethernet? Or maybe they will let you use both?

They have been testing GenieGo being built into certain DIRECTV DVR's. I am hearing this feature will be available later on this year from DIRECTV.

And while DIRECTV has not announced a new DVR, you can only imagine one is in the pipeline. Since the new Reverse Band LNB's can handle 22 tuners it should not be hard to emulate what DISH has done.
Oh I can tell you is that the HD DVR that I'm testing is the best DVR that I have ever used

Yes I've tried the hopper 3 and the AD 100SE that pace manufactured works way better and respond way better than the hopper 3 does
I doubt anything Pace makes works better then anyone.
Pace also makes the X1, and that thing, while looks flashy, is a POC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I doubt anything Pace makes works better then anyone.
Pace also makes the X1, and that thing, while looks flashy, is a POC.

Why blame PACE, they are only making what they are told to make, if the are instructed to use X Y and Z chips instead of ABC chips, thats not on them.

Why blame PACE, they are only making what they are told to make, if the are instructed to use X Y and Z chips instead of ABC chips, thats not on them.
Okay then Blame Att Uverse, Since they also put their stock in Pace junk.

The problem I have is the only way you have had an H3 long enough to thoroughly test and know anything I s if you were betaing it for Dish, at which point you'd have an NDA, so I feel like this assessment is worth about as much as the paper it is printed on(yes, this is an online forum). Thanks for the useless opinion though. Also, for retailers and techs that have been playing with them, they haven't even had enough time as it was just announced Tuesday, and that was the first report of techs having them.

Reactions: bobvick
The problem I have is the only way you have had an H3 long enough to thoroughly test and know anything I s if you were betaing it for Dish, at which point you'd have an NDA, so I feel like this assessment is worth about as much as the paper it is printed on(yes, this is an online forum). Thanks for the useless opinion though. Also, for retailers and techs that have been playing with them, they haven't even had enough time as it was just announced Tuesday, and that was the first report of techs having them.
This is also the only Guy who has a Netflix app on his Hopper 2000.

Reactions: bobvick
No, Pace has made some very good equipment ...
My HR20 was a Pace and it worked fabulous for about 10 years.
HR 20, Really
Great Reference.
Only took 6 years to get that thing stable.

HR34 was made by Pace too, as well as every 700 series receiver.
But I'm sure you already knew that.

I would think that AT&T/DIRECTV/Pace/Arris would require him to sign NDA's as well, so it seems that if he indeed is a beta tester, he would be violating part of the NDA mentioning unreleased product model numbers, performance, etc... Just a guess though.

Yes I work for them
Ok, well, your "review" of the Hopper 3's performance would, at least to me, be considered less than objective. If you worked for Echostar, and were commenting on the performance of Pace, Arris, Cisco/SA equipment, I would have the same skepticism.
Would be like a guy that worked for GM comparing the performance to that of a new Ford.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)