Does Dish really install on weekends?

I've worked every holiday the past three years. Did an install Christmas morning first thing. I was told I could not make any noise as the inlaws and children were still sleeping in because it was Christmas day. I said you can suck it and made as much noise as possible. Had another job another Christmas and it was in an apartment and when I opened the door I was bitched out because she said I should know better. When she slammed the door in my face I screamed, " You should have known that December 25th is Christmas!!". Sorry, just had to vent

Well I called today and scheduled the installation for this coming Sunday (morning) 12/4. Not a holiday that I know of. Maybe I'll bake some cookies to share with the installer guy - perhaps that would ease his pain a bit.

nwflyboy said:
Well I called today and scheduled the installation for this coming Sunday (morning) 12/4. Not a holiday that I know of. Maybe I'll bake some cookies to share with the installer guy - perhaps that would ease his pain a bit.

Working on sundays is now big deal for an installer. It's just the holidays and attitudes that come with that suck

U gotta love it when u show up for an install on Thanksgiving or Christmas and the customer says " I can't believe u guys work on the holidays".

i had my install on the 4 of july. I was impressed they showed up. But tipped them 50.00 because he was really nice did a great job and it was a holiday

Agreed, Sundays are just another install day, not big deal anymore. But as an installer, just like anyone else, I hate working holidays. Everyone spending time with their family watching you work. And everyone always says the same thing, "i can't believe you have to work on today?". Yet they scheduled me to be there.

Normal weekends are no big deal. But you're probably not going to have any tech going that extra mile for you on a holiday.

We schedule installs for Saturdays if our installer wants to but we will not schedule an install on Sunday for him. If he wants to do any Dish work on Sunday he can, but we will not schedule anything for him. I don't feel that it's right to make anyone work on days that I'm not willing to work on. Especially holidays. I honestly can't believe that people would ask or even accept an install on a holiday.

I don't mind working on holidays, it's just another day for me (with some extra pay!). Our shop requires techs to work either a saturday or a sunday, so no big there either.

I do have some tips for you customers though, who do schedule on a holiday:
We make noise. Double so on an install. Please plan accordingly.
If you thought "hey I'll schedule an install on a holiday noone else will have thought of that!"...they did. Please don't be upset if we don't arrive at 8AM.
Please don't add "extra" work on your tech. Wanting extra TVs set up, changes at the last second, extra cable lines run, that all adds time that neither of us want to use.
If we seem rushed...well, we are. Most shops run half capacity on holidays. We can get overloaded.
If you think you may not be home for your appt. window, pleasepleaseplease reschedule early. Techs cover a lot of ground. Driving to your home, waiting 20 minutes, then driving to the next job is rough.
Lock up the pets and distract the kiddos while we're there. It is hard to work when little Timmy is messing with the cables, Mary Sue has her dolls in the work area, and Fido is underfoot.

Now, if you want to make your tech happy on a holiday, have your TVs set up where you want them, plugged in, and away from the walls. Have an idea where you want the cables routed, and where you want the dish. If it's a service call for something wrong, tell us exactly what has happened, along with anything "weird" (cable weedwhacked, kid spilled kool-aid on the box, alien stole the dish...). The faster we can be in and out, the quicker you can enjoy time with your family, and we can enjoy time with ours.

Well, that's my little rant. I wish happy holidays for all techs, CSRs, DIRT, and customers (and anyone I left out)!

Also, quick note, the day before and the day after a major holiday are really BAD days to schedule a visit.

Don't blame the customer. I did not request to have installation on July 4 & I questioned the person I was talking to to be sure. I had planned on installation on July 5 but the scheduler talked me into the 4th. Our install was scheduled for the afternoon but the installer called early in the day & asked if he could come earlier as all the morning installs had cancelled.

I had my install the day before Thanksgiving a few years back. The tech was on the phone a few times with his boss stating that he did not want to work on Thanksgiving. Of course they were trying to give him a few jobs. I think it is ridiculous to schedule an install on a holiday, especially Thanksgiving or Christmas. Why would Dish even schedule work for these holidays ?

The bad thing about it is the CSR's really just push customers to schedule on holiday's. I guess cause they might gave to work then they think everyone should have too. It's up to the customer to just say no.

The customer choose when the installs happen so if you schedule for a holiday its on you nobody else and of couse we won't be happy as we wanted that time with our familes also. If you make that statement "I can't believe you work holidays" then don't be suprised if I walk or at least let you know that YOU scheduled me for the holiday, my family thanks you for taking me away from them also.

The customer choose when the installs happen so if you schedule for a holiday its on you nobody else and of couse we won't be happy as we wanted that time with our familes also. If you make that statement "I can't believe you work holidays" then don't be suprised if I walk or at least let you know that YOU scheduled me for the holiday, my family thanks you for taking me away from them also.

Don't you have the right to refuse what holidays you work?

DNS (Dish Net Service) installers do not have the right to refuse to work holidays, just another day in the year to Dish. It is nice of some of you to offer cookies and such, but it is against DNS policy for an installer to accept ANYTHING from a customer, from water to cookies to tips. Dish CSRs will push to schedule on holidays, even if the customer does not want it.

We don't do DNS sub-contracting installs anymore, We install what we sell so we make our own schedule. M-F most of the time. We do however have to roll on service calls for our customers that call Dish and get a CSR that won't spend 5 seconds trouble shooting and just creates a work order for us to go out on (which takes the scheduling out of our hands). Commonly on weekends and/or holidays. What Dish doesn't seem to understand is that just about every customer we call, before rolling, that is scheduled for a holiday says, "I can't believe they scheduled you guys on {insert holiday here}, we told them we didn't want it that day".

Dish creates more bad feelings with its customers scheduling on holidays than they help. Comcast and DTV don't do that, I really don't get Dishes mindset. Do they really think they are impressing their customers by coming across as cold heartless jerks?

Sorry, got me going for a minute.

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)