Does DTV still have a special customer retention phone number?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a friend who is having problems with his service and standard customer service is just ticking him off more. If he can't resolve it tomorrow he's leaving DTV after 15 years.

Call in and say Cancel at the prompt, it will direct you to the Retention dept.

What kind of problem could you possibly have that you would up and leave after 15 years ?

That number used to be listed, but not any longer.
You should call the regular number and asked for retention.
Maybe we can help if you explain the problem.

They are telling him it will be almost the end of January before they can get a tech there to resolve picture quality problem. Not the first time he has one had this specific problrem or had wait almost a month to get a service call.

They are telling him it will be almost the end of January before they can get a tech there to resolve picture quality problem. Not the first time he has one had this specific problrem or had wait almost a month to get a service call.

Well, if you don't want our help, thats fine, but we all try to help out around here.

There are D* installers, D* employees and non D* installers and many of us that do our own troubleshooting on the board.

I just save you the trouble there is no way for retentions to change a service appointment earlier. You can try oop ( office of the president ) but most likely they may not if they are backlogged a month. We only have so many techs in you area do any number of reasons, I am very sorry that it is such a wait but very little retentions can do about it.

I would suggest posting the problem here.

OP,
Call and find out who your installation group is (sub contractor) and call them and ask to be put on thier Cancellation list, maybe they can get you quicker that way.

Still no word as to what might be the issue.
Possible that WE could have solved it for them, but no word as to what is wrong makes it tough to help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.