Does Heroes live up to the hype?

Last episode for awhile

I am not sure if this is it for the season, but tonight is the last episode of Heroes, completing what they are calling a "pod" of shows.

According to a story in Zap2it, there will be some more answers, and some resolution:

"It was very important to us, unlike a lot of serialized shows -- and I think some of that has to do with the people who came on the show from places like 'Lost' and 'Alias' -- that we want our audience to know that when Tim [Kring] started out by staying this was chapter one or volume one, that is exactly what it is," Loeb emphasized. "When we get to the end of the season, almost all the questions that were asked at the beginning of the season will be answered, so that when you start back next season, some of the cast may have changed, certain problems that were encountered in the first season will have been resolved and there'll be new sets of problems and a new plot and a new driving element that's gonna take you into this new set of stories so you don't feel like you're constantly trying to catch up with the show."

Loeb, whose superhero drama finishes its latest pod of original episodes on Monday (March 5), continued, "You'll get a resolution. You'll find out things that are gonna happen. Any question that you might ask that came out of the first three or four episodes in terms of every single one of those characters, we're doing our best to answer every single one of those by the time you get to the end of the season. And yet, of course we're going to leave you some cliffhangers so you do come back to us next year."

I am not sure if this is it for the season, but tonight is the last episode of Heroes, completing what they are calling a "pod" of shows.

According to a story in Zap2it, there will be some more answers, and some resolution:

the show will be off for 6 weeks. be back just in time for may sweeps. i THINK 5 more shows to end season one. looking forward to tonight!!

The Futon Critic Reports:

NBC.COM AND 'HEROES' TO AUCTION ORIGINAL ARTWORK FEATURED IN THE HIT DRAMA SERIES

All Proceeds to Benefit Epilepsy Foundation with Auction to Be Held Exclusively on NBC.com

BURBANK - March 7, 2007 -- NBC's hit-drama "Heroes" is living up to its name by teaming up with NBC.com to auction artwork by renowned graphic illustrator Tim Sale exclusively on NBC.com with two separate auctions to begin on March 26 and April 2. All proceeds will benefit the Epilepsy Foundation.

"We're so pleased to be able to offer this opportunity to the dedicated fans of 'Heroes,'" said Vivi Zigler, Executive Vice President NBC Digital Entertainment and New Media.

"We're especially proud of this event because it not only gives our users the chance to own a piece of the show, created by the incredibly talented Tim Sale, but it also benefits a worthy organization, the Epilepsy Foundation, which works so closely with Greg Grunberg."

Each week's auctions will feature two full-size autographed limited edition prints and drawings of artwork used in the show. The list of artwork includes "Exploding Man," "Eclipse," "Claire on the Stairs" and "Hiro and T-Rex." Bidding will go live on March 26 at 6 p.m. (PT) and will close at 12 a.m. (PT) on March 28. The second auction will go live at 6 p.m. (PT) on April 2 and close at 12 a.m. (PT) on April 4. NBC.com has partnered with San Francisco-based Delivery Agent, Inc. to power this auction.

"We are thankful that Greg Grunberg, inspired by his own real-life hero, his son Jake, who has epilepsy, has joined with us to increase awareness of epilepsy," said Eric R. Hargis, President and CEO of the Epilepsy Foundation. "With the help of Greg, those like him, and partners like NBC, we can end the stigma associated with epilepsy in this generation."

Finally saw the episode last night. Great episode! I think Hero has now became my favorite show. :)

I finally caught up and am ready for may sweeps episodes to end season 1.

This show is amazing in alot of ways, very cool and definitely worth watching,
but I warn you once you start, you gotta watch all the episodes...so may as well
start from the beginning, word of advice cause I learned that for myself LOL.

I finally caught up and am ready for may sweeps episodes to end season 1.

This show is amazing in alot of ways, very cool and definitely worth watching,
but I warn you once you start, you gotta watch all the episodes...so may as well
start from the beginning, word of advice cause I learned that for myself LOL.

Hey Royal80 - while it looks like you've been a member for quite sometime, since this was your first post, :welcome to SatelliteGuys and the TV Programming forums!

I just saw last night's episode. Pretty good. Funny how the regenerative powers can be thwarted by a piece of glass to the brain ;)

Next week's preview of the future looks interesting. Made me think that Isaac might not really be dead, if Hiro comes back and saves him.

The Sylar (sp?) character really does capture evil quite nicely.

This show and the Black Donnally's are the only 2 NBC shows, I care to watch. I was watching Studio 66, but the way it disappeared, I reckon it's gone for good?

Al

The only shows I watch on NBC are Heroes and The Office. Its a useless network other than those shows.

I just want to know what's Peter's mom's power! Next week episode is going to be like Back to the Future Part II... what happened to the future if the present is messed up. :p

This show and the Black Donnally's are the only 2 NBC shows, I care to watch. I was watching Studio 66, but the way it disappeared, I reckon it's gone for good?

Al

I heard the Black Donally's are no more. I guess it'll just be Heroes.

Was that not a great episode? 4/30? My questions are as follows. Hiro is so intent on going back to "the present" and making sure that he kills Sylar to stop the explosion.....but Sylar isn't the one who explodes. Peter explodes.....do you think Peter explodes because of a confrontation with Sylar?

In the future, Sylar flys away (as President Petrelli) to stop Hiro from going back and to confront Peter. Since President Petrelli is pushing "The Cure" and making all the "heroes" arrested and registered and so on...if the future were to continue...I guess he couldn't be president anymore.

How did the Heroes lost the war?

Don't u hate knowing that we won't have a resolution since there is going to be a Season 2?

Almost like Lost....u think they'll ever be "Found."

Great episode. I continue to be impressed by how much the show has improved.

I hope they show re-runs from episode 1 all summer; that would make me happy. There is a lot I have missed but would benefit from rewatching. BUT they won't; instead they'll put the DVD...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)