Does the Genie Mini work as a HD Receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cama

Original poster
Sep 4, 2013
Cookeville
Right now DirecTV is offering me 4 HD "receivers" and a DVR for a lower cos than what I have for DishNetwork. They said that the mini Genies work as a HD receiver,so I wont need to get an HD receiver,is this true?

Yes the Client acts a an HD "Receiver" So you will get HD signal via the HDMI or Component cable hookup. It takes up 1 of the 5 tuners available on the HR34/44.

?SIG

If they are offering you a Genie and FOUR mini clients, note that you can only use three clients at the same time (and they will use three of the five Genie tuners).

Just to be clear, they are not on their own Receivers. They don't add any tuners to what the Genie gives you (5) and each one would use a tuner. But they do give you HD to each TV. Unless you plan on having all the TV's being used to watch different live channels at the same time, it should work out fine.

Right now DirecTV is offering me 4 HD "receivers" and a DVR for a lower cos than what I have for DishNetwork. They said that the mini Genies work as a HD receiver,so I wont need to get an HD receiver,is this true?

Not to confuse you but a better set up, if you can get it for the same price is the following: 1 - Genie (HD DVR) 3 - Genie minis (Genie client) and 1 - HDDVR (HR24) vs 1 Genie, and 4 Genie minis. That way you will have 7 Tuners vs the 5...

The limitations you might have with what they suggested will be that the genie can do 5 tuners, and it will be spread out like this, one to each of the clients (4) and one left for the Genie DVR (Genie Server) in that set up you can only have 4 tv's on at any one time, so you have to go shut one off. The cool thing about the Genie is it can record 4 shows at a time but if you have three other tvs on you can only Watch 1 show, and record one show at the main Genie box. it gets complicated... sorry if this confuses you... And yes its all HD!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

People considering DirecTv

Please help me reconnect my receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts