Does Voom take suggestions? Wish List for Channel Addition

Sorry what I meant was...

1. Drop Cable.
2. Get VOOM
3. Get DISH so you have HGTV.

Bill

Still pretty much swapping one for the other though?
My "extended" cable costs me $40/mo, and Dish would cost me the same.
If I wait until VOOM adds HGTV, which I'm SURE they will!!! LOL, then I can dump cable and just go with VOOM.

Lob

HGTV in the ad at Sears

Hey Lobstah, I went to Sears to get info about Voom and
the foldout ad they gave me lists HGTV as one of the channels
they get. I hope there ad is correct. :)
RK

Write-in campain to VOOM for "Men who need VOOM but have Spouses that need HGTV"

I'm with you Lobstah! Count me signed up as soon as VOOM gets HGTV. Let's start a letter writing campaign to VOOM! Let them hear the pains of the possible many new signees (I need my VOOM) yet have to meet their spouses needs regarding HGTV. I bet we can get 1000 signatures easy. That should be justification enough for them to get negotiations started.

I'm personally bored to tears with HGTV & it's the main reason we have a second TV (so I don't have to watch it). But alas, the whole HDTV has been one compromise after another. Those non-married folks may not understant but it's a simple equation. The spouses don't care about who the providers are, just the fact that the other system had HGTV and VOOM doesn't... :no

Get OUT OF TOWN...

That's pretty strange, since it's not on VOOMs website...
I'd think that if VOOMers were already getting it, they would have climbed all up and down this post?

Lob

Will we be getting USA?

Does anyone know if and when we will be getting USA Network?

How about SciFi i time for Stargate Atlantis?

Thanks!

Bill :confused:

According to earlier posts, talks with SciFi went nowhere. Don't expect it any time soon.

Haven't heard anything about USA, but it will be owned by NBC once the Universal acquisition is complete. Other NBC channels (MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo)are already on VOOM, and I read somewhere that some of the Olympics would be on USA, so I'd guess the chances are good. Just my guess, though.

Yikes!!!! this might put a damper in my choice 60% of my tv viewing is scifi

rc

I want it

It doesn't look like we will get it anytime soon. I was hoping to watch Stargate Atlantis this summer but unless Voom plays lets make a deal we will not see SciFi for quite a while. :river

Bill

You know what, before I got VOOM I also had my favorite SD channels. I thought I couldn't live without them. But since I joined VOOM, I don't want to watch SD any more, and I now can't stand commercial breaks. Forgot how commercials look like...

Don't be surprised if your tastes will be changed by VOOM and HDTV!

I agree with you Ilya...I'm being spoiled by the HD experience! But I also like to watch the Networks Prime Time and now I enjoy them in HD!!! Although there still are commercials and worst of all...they're not HD so they shrink on the screen!

Networks Prime Time with commercials are ok, but I don't watch movies with breaks any more. And as far as I remember, SciFi channel shows movies with commercial breaks. Correct me if I am wrong: it's been awhile...

It should be noted we call the scfi network the bad commercial network, using a pvr is a must to watch a scifi movie just to be able to skip over them.

Channels that charge to view should not be allowed to have commercials! IMHO

rc

Does Voom take suggestions? We NEED HGTV

Does Voom take programming suggestions from customers....either from a web page or by email? If so....where? :)

VOOM is at or near their channel maximum capacity (39 HD and 88 SD), with the additions they already have planned. There is no free lunch; every SD channel they add will further reduce the quality of existing channels.

HGTV will almost certainly be added, but probably not until the move to MPEG-4 this fall. MPEG-4 should allow for an additional 20-40 SD channels.

I'll just add that VOOM is aware that HGTV is a priority for many households. They've already indicated that a number of the remaining SD channels will be added with the move to MPEG-4. So it's just a question of when.

I agree that HGTV is a necessity. I have to keep a minimum $25 Dish package just so my wife can continue to watch her favorite network.

My VOOM install is set for Friday. I still have many reservations based on my readings on this site, particularly re: the set top box.

I would have waited until the kinks were worked out but felt that VOOM could pull their $0 entry offer at any time.

Shelly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)