Dolans new dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sean Mota said:
I do not see it but if it is a joke, I do not get it. (I have to ask since no one did)
not a joke, CPanther posted the quote:

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Interpret this however you would like.

An anonymous but seemingly reliable source has reported the following:

<B>
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]quote:[/font] <HR>"Don't know if it means anything but Charles Dolan is having installs inc. swap out his voom dish tomorrow at his home on long island for a special 30" dish." <HR>​
</B>
[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]__________________[/font]

It could mean he wants to be able to see Rainbow 2. He should be able to see it after all his company is paying for it and are doing uplink tests to it. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
It could mean he wants to be able to see Rainbow 2. He should be able to see it after all his company is paying for it and are doing uplink tests to it. :D

Bingo:D

I don't know much but if he bought a company that was going under in the first place...and kept installing subs with dishes pointed to a sat he knows won't be able to use in the future... and his plan is to change out everybody to a sat at 72 degrees (a completly different direction, can you say obstructions) he is out of his mind or has pockets as deep as the ocean and little sense to go with it...sounds far fetched (oh and he has to buy 50,000 new 30" dishes too) the only person who could possibly have a reason to do that would be named Monty Brewster

smeagal said:
I don't know much but if he bought a company that was going under in the first place...and kept installing subs with dishes pointed to a sat he knows won't be able to use in the future... and his plan is to change out everybody to a sat at 72 degrees (a completly different direction, can you say obstructions) he is out of his mind or has pockets as deep as the ocean and little sense to go with it...sounds far fetched (oh and he has to buy 50,000 new 30" dishes too) the only person who could possibly have a reason to do that would be named Monty Brewster

Yes. The idea is to use a "superdish" to get both 61.5 and 72 to make use of the expansion capacity at 72. E* does the same thing.

jsb_hburg said:
Yes. The idea is to use a "superdish" to get both 61.5 and 72 to make use of the expansion capacity at 72. E* does the same thing.
That was the original plan. The Voom SuperDish would be similar to the DishNetwork SuperDish 121, except with only two LNBs (the center FSS LNB and the outrigger DBS LNB). It would look a lot like my avatar, except the outrigger would be on the other side and the logo would be more appropriate.

Without 61.5, Voom could use a standard 30" dish with the appropriate FSS LNB to receive AMC-6 at 72. A cheaper solution than a "VoomSuperDish". 72 is too far from 61.5 - there will be some resiting issues if they change out dishes, but west coasters will end up with a better angle.

JL

smeagal said:
But i thought that he was losing 61.5 in two weeks to dish.

Charlie expects a ruling in six months. I doubt E* will get the frequencies if Voom HD LLC purchases Voom from CVC.

justalurker said:
Without 61.5, Voom could use a standard 30" dish with the appropriate FSS LNB to receive AMC-6 at 72. A cheaper solution than a "VoomSuperDish". 72 is too far from 61.5 - there will be some resiting issues if they change out dishes, but west coasters will end up with a better angle.

JL

We have a winner, well not a "winner" BUT HE'S GOT THE RIGHT ANSWER i THINK. :D

vurbano said:
We have a winner, well not a "winner" BUT HE'S GOT THE RIGHT ANSWER i THINK. :D
I agree but a 1m really would be a better size, with Side Mount for "FTA" open about 100 more channels with little rain fade.

Heres something wired that happened yesterday, someone from VOOM or working on VOOM's behave knocked on my door asking if I was happy with VOOM satelite + installation and also asked if he could take a picture. I asked why and he said future upgrades to it in the near future. !sadroll

roachxp said:
Heres something wired that happened yesterday, someone from VOOM or working on VOOM's behave knocked on my door asking if I was happy with VOOM satelite + installation and also asked if he could take a picture. I asked why and he said future upgrades to it in the near future. !sadroll

I am not sure I would believe that. Did you ask to see ID? I would call VOOM to inquire if they are doing that. I would also make sure your doors and windows are locked as well. A VOOM dish on the proprty means and HD set inside..means nice street value for more drugs. I hope I am wrong.

roachxp said:
You must be lucky , go for it: why would VOOM want to take any pictures of your equipment? for all of us VOOMER's, I'd love that problem?
1.2m "FTA", wow what a gift .

I never thought of it that way. But I guess having a Voom dish on your house does say "I have HD come rob me". Better get them painted.

vurbano said:
According to a post at AVS Charles Dolan is having a special 30" Dish installed at home by installs Inc tomorrow. What could it mean?

It could mean that he will be really torqued when they call for directions, show up 4 hours late, don't have a ladder, etc. Of course that will be after (at least) two no-shows. Too much to ask that it would be him personally waiting for them, but in reality it would probably be someone else...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts