The Dueling Dolans

mike123abc said:
It is pretty obvious negotiations are still going on between CVC and Dolan Sr. Although the web site has been shut down (because the board of directors voted to close down VOOM), they are still taking orders via CSRs. This is probably just a brief period of time to allow Dolan Sr. and CVC to keep negotiating. The web site serves as public notice of the shutdown in case CVC does not sell VOOM.

You know negotiations are probably broken down completely when CSRs start to call customers and letters go out giving notice of shutdown. They are probably going to stall this until next week to allow a deal to be made if it could be made.

Voomllc for all we know is just a VOOM dealer somewhere advertizing over the internet. Note that no one besides CVC has the right to say they are VOOM, and this web site will probably get a cease and desist order before long if it has not been authorized by CVC.

The holdup in the agreement probably is the long term liabilities that VOOM has signed. Things like satellite construction. If they go past certain milestones in their contract large sums of money are due. CVC probably wants an assurance (like a huge bond) that VOOM will cover these obligations. It could be something like wanting Dolan Sr to pledge so much stock or something as collateral.

and for all we know it could a legit site put up by Sr. Dolan. We all can speculate but please don't make statements seem like factual statements. We just do not know. How do you or anyone explain the little incident about the Voom (old site) being changed? Do you think that was also the work of a little dealer? C'mon let's be real... There are things happening and we are seeing some of them. Let's not try to put our opinions as fact because they are not.

DucTape said:
Well if he hasn't gotten to them yet my guess is he soon will unless the deal goes through....

Until that happens... He has not completed the job. Whether he will do it soon today, tomorrow, next week, next month, etc... it is not known. Sit back relax and let's wait for the real news when it comes out.

Yeah it's all up in the air as it has been for a while, it is kind of like mating elephants I suppose. You know the board is eager to unload and Dolan is eager to buy so I'm figuring it is just a matter of time.

DucTape said:
Money is the root of all evil, but I think HD is catching up.

You forgot a word in the quote. The correct quote is "The love of money is the root of all evil."

Why do I get the feeling that this is an old 3 stoogies comedy? I get a vision of tech people locked in a room doing improvements and setting; up new websites and James and the board trying to break the door down with an Axe.

Gr8Reb8 said:
...The correct quote is "The love of money is the root of all evil."
Nope. The correct quote is: "Money is the root of all evil, and humans need roots." ;)

Back to topic -- I agree with whoever speculates that the publicity of this conflict could be very bad for Voom by highlighting all the instability. That perception is going to be tough for Voom to fight, even with a lot more HD channels and a DVR.

Other than that, all this publicity will be a huge plus!

Thought you were napping gutter!...looks like this from my angle

gutter said:
Why do I get the feeling that this is an old 3 stoogies comedy? I get a vision of tech people locked in a room doing improvements and setting; up new websites and James and the board trying to break the door down with an Axe.
large-smiley-040.gif
That's James in red...but his ammo's bound to run out soon! :D

bradley said:
What the hell is going on at CVC?
Why is CVC so determined to trash it all?
I do know Charles "Chuck" Dolan is one of the most savvy bargainers on the Street; he'll get what he wants... in the end.
Bradley, I share your confidence in Charles Dolan. "Adversity causes some men to break, others to break records." -- William A. Ward :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts