Don't Believe NPS about C band support ending.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As far as small dish goes,we simply can't afford the extremely inflated prices that the small dish companies charge so we stay with our big dishes out of economic reasons. We also can't afford to pay the small dish companies to quit their service if we don't like them. That's right. We have to sign a commitment for two years and if we are not satisfied and want to quit, we have to pay them. Even cell phone carriers are getting away from that. However the satellite carriers are embracing that type of purchase agreement. Kind of like paying protection money to the mob in my opinion. "You cancel us and it will cost you". I see no difference.

Boy is that the truth :) Paying those fee's if you cancel early is called extortion.

Last edited:
Well I don't know what can be done, but I just fired off an e-mail to Fox News. This is a copy of that e-mail.....

I don't know if I will get an answer, but what have I got to loose? Have a great day! :)

Note.... I totally forgot to tell them to check this forum for info. Don't know if that was good or bad. Take care. ;)

Stone hope you do not mind but I forwarded a copy of your e-mail to the THE O'REILLY FACTOR. I figured it would not hurt. Maybe he will do a news story on it.

Stone hope you do not mind but I forwarded a copy of your e-mail to the THE O'REILLY FACTOR. I figured it would not hurt. Maybe he will do a news story on it.

We need press to get involved in the whole c band subscription industry and how were being treated. Maybe if someone in power speaks someone will listen.

We need press to get involved in the whole c band subscription industry and how were being treated. Maybe if someone in power speaks someone will listen.

I thought about sending a copy to Hannity. But, decided not to. He would just make it a Liberal Left take over plot:D

No problem. In my e-mail I included my contact info. I only hope to get a reply e-mail back. They always say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Have a great day! :)

Well all I know is that they must be doing something correctly. Otherwise they would not have the ratings they have. For me I like the "we report, you decide" attitude. Personally I don't watch any of the opinion shows on any of the networks as they all have a slant. That said, Fox News reports everything. Much of which never gets a mention on other networks. I like to be fully informed. If a person is not fully informed, that person can't make an informed decision. Look at the stories that they beat the others in reporting. Like the A.C.O.R.N. scandle for example. I like a news network that is constantly looking for things that we the people should be aware of even if they tick me off. To stay fully informed, I also watch Euronews, and others from around the globe. The world news services together with American news gives one a complete perspective. When this Freedbs gets going, I for one will enjoy their news if they do what they say and have no opinion shows. (opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink. ;) ) Finally, Fox News is not the only news channel that is on G-3. Unless we can convince others to carry G-3 programming, we will all be in the dark. That said, Fox News is the most watched. Just look at the ratings. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Not getting Fox has me concerned too. Once NPS is gone apparently no one will have it available.
Maybe something will change after NPS is gone.

Not getting Fox has me concerned too. Once NPS is gone apparently no one will have it available.
Maybe something will change after NPS is gone.

Will FNC or anything else be turned around by SRL we don't know. If you look hard enough FNC and others are here and there on DVB. There are also many excellent news sources ITC on DVB. Im sure most could learn to do without there favorite cable channels that don't want pizza contracts etc. I have been playing with my new Visionsat lately and really am enjoying DVB so much that I'm not even watching the 4D channels I pay for. There are always options out there. :)

Well I'm not going to go so far as to say that I don't watch the channels that I pay for on my 4Dtv but since I replaced my TV, I had to tear every thing apart and put it back together I have been playing with the DVB again and I had forgotten how much is out there, and how fun/interesting it is, I have ordered another 4 place DiSeqc Switch, once it gets here I will get the Primestar dish going again, I have a line on a 6' dish I think I will just mount it staionary and point it where I want, haven't quite decided yet.

I know Mike Kohl mentioned that Skyvision had some plans for the future, so maybe they will pick up some of the channels that NPS is uplinking, I think Skyvision has a better working relationship with Comcast and HITS so maybe some of them will go up on W-5 that would be cool.
Terry

Well I'm not going to go so far as to say that I don't watch the channels that I pay for on my 4Dtv but since I replaced my TV, I had to tear every thing apart and put it back together I have been playing with the DVB again and I had forgotten how much is out there, and how fun/interesting it is, I have ordered another 4 place DiSeqc Switch, once it gets here I will get the Primestar dish going again, I have a line on a 6' dish I think I will just mount it staionary and point it where I want, haven't quite decided yet.

I know Mike Kohl mentioned that Skyvision had some plans for the future, so maybe they will pick up some of the channels that NPS is uplinking, I think Skyvision has a better working relationship with Comcast and HITS so maybe some of them will go up on W-5 that would be cool.
Terry

I don't know if anything would go up on W5. It's full now with Hits SD and HD. We will have to see what happens to what in the future and take it as it comes.

I got another call from NPS rep Barbara yesterday afternoon wanting me to sub to pizza again. Surely she knows I have already spoke with Lisa, and I even had discussion with Lisa at sat forum so I don't know what part of no they don't understand.

I told Barb I would watch 4dtv until it ends, then I would just watch fta. IF I ever did decide to order pizza, it sure as hell wouldn't be from them.

Of course, she told me Moto was ending 4dtv on 31 December, I wonder what Barb will be doing this time next year??

I got another call from NPS rep Barbara yesterday afternoon wanting me to sub to pizza again. Surely she knows I have already spoke with Lisa, and I even had discussion with Lisa at sat forum so I don't know what part of no they don't understand.

I told Barb I would watch 4dtv until it ends, then I would just watch fta. IF I ever did decide to order pizza, it sure as hell wouldn't be from them.

Of course, she told me Moto was ending 4dtv on 31 December, I wonder what Barb will be doing this time next year??

Funny thing is I don't get called from NPS. I am on the do not call list so I think that has something to do with it. The best thing to do with NPS is let them call, play along with them then (waste there time) when they finish there sales pitch hang up on them. That way you wasted there time and there long distance bill goes up.

I had a nice conversation with a supervisor at NPS last week and expressed my concerns about my current programming till expiration with them and the truth I know about the matter. She was very nice and didn't pressure anything about dish. She also said there not 100% sure that c band was ending as of Dec 31st. She was surprised that Motorola was making the new receiver for Shaw and that Shaw and commercial accounts are continuing to be served by Motorola. I guess they figure Motorola is closing up shop. From the conversation I got the feeling that after there done with the big sell off campaign that they will still offer what is available on C band such as YSP still offers some channels. Sounds like Charlie is behind their game plan.

NPS are the ones ending programming on G3 for C Band. They are the only ones up- linking this satellite. Maybe we should all contact MSNBC, CNN and others stations on G3 to complain and maybe they will move to other satellites! NPS is trying to force the big dish owners to go to the small dish, Dish Network!.

NPS ending c band programming

NPS are the ones ending programming on G3 for C Band. They are the only ones up- linking this satellite. Maybe we should all contact MSNBC, CNN, Halmark and others stations on G3 to complain and maybe they will move to other satellites! NPS is trying to force the big dish owners to go to the small dish, Dish Network!.
:rant:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)