don't get caught moving

Status
Please reply by conversation.
mikedz4 said:
I'm 24 but don't make enough money to afford an apartment and utilities yet.

This is from the other thread. LMAO! I've had a job since I was 13, and was off the farm at 17. Stop suckling the tit and join the Marines, they'll make a man out of you.

If this don't give you a stiffy, nothing will:

USMC1.gif

Happy 231, Devil Dogs!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, Bremerton is a suburb of Seattle. Both Dish Network and DirecTV are offering SD and HD (but only a few HD) Seattle/Tacoma locals.

Therefore, signal tests are moot.

I didn't realize he was in an local hd area, although D* is only offering NBC and CBS to this point, like here in CT. Can't he put in for a waiver for the other stations?

cj9788 said:
Movers are receiving locals for what ever reason by deceit that is true but it is not screwing anybody but the local DMA. If a mover is caught then the satellite company must kill the locals or be in violation of the law. The law suit had nothing whatsoever to do with movers.
Okay. Let's take a small leap of faith here...

DirecTV is removing this guy's ability to have both a service and a billing address, because the remote was returned from his billing address. I don't think DirecTV wants separate addresses anymore because...

Dish Network just lost a lawsuit where they will have to cut-off 900K subscribers. What happens if many of them figure out how to move? Well...

The next list Dish Network provides to the "local" channels will increase. Quite a bit. Enough to note there is a pattern...

So, let's say that the "local" take on WNYW, the FOX affiliate in New York, goes up. FOX now has the list of people that were to be cut-off (from the original lawsuit), and can match up names to the new "local" lists. Find enough of them, and guess who will be sitting in front of a judge?

Exactly!

Greg, that was no leap of faith; just you using your intelligent common sense and knowing how things really work and what WILL eventually happen.

LOL, the bottom line is to me; why be or become a lying cheat; regardless of what the situation is or what or who you are cheating? It shows one's personality in my book. I too hate the DMA system, but I sure won't become a lying cheat just to get a TV channel, let alone anything else.

raoul5788 said:
I didn't realize he was in an local hd area, although D* is only offering NBC and CBS to this point, like here in CT. Can't he put in for a waiver for the other stations?
Sure. However, that will only net him the FOX and ABC stations if the waivers are approved. I assume that the poster also wants the other local channels.

Keep in mind we are still dealing with using the analog standard for the digital rules. In order to qualify for the distant ABC and FOX, he must be out of range from the analog ABC and FOX stations. Signal tests are moot until the digital transmission maps are available and the regulations have been changed to match digital qualification to digital transmissions.

How can they complain about movers when not to long ago they were starting to talk about offering "Significantly Viewed Channels", wouldn't that amount to the same thing in a lot of cases ???

I have not moved, but I am trying to figure out how to move 500 ft so I can get my Fox Sports Detroit in HD, I get it in SD but am not allowed to get the HD...

Go Figure.

Jimbo
500 feet?!!!!!!!!!!!!Are you kidding about that or what?

Am I the only one who finds it hillarious that he screwed himself over? That's what happened. He was "Sticking it to the man," and couldn't keep his story straight. If that's not good comedy, I don't know what is.
I guess Iam no the only one to pick up on the fact that this essentially screwed himself..Two mistakes..well three..One, he didn't cover hi stracks on the alleged reciver he claimed he didn't order..Then he goes and has a remote shipped to his "old" address..The he gets pissed of and cancels..DTV is going to get their money or this guy will be seeing an I-9(charged off to bad debt ) on his credit..Trust me ..you don't want that...

Have you requested a signal test?

Yes--to no avail. A couple of years ago, they got as far as scheduling the test--then cancelled the next day & said they didn't have anyone in my area to perform the stupid signal test!!! The ONLY good thing about where I live (HDTV wise) is that I'm only 2 miles from the local fox affiliates tower, (which sits atop the hill that blocks reception of all the other local towers), so I receive a perfect signal from them. The only net I'm missing is ABC HD--hence the cable hookup.

I'm pretty sure if they cancel the signal test then you automatically qualify for the station that refuses to do it. The law used to be that way anyway.

So before any one jumps all over what I just posted I challenge you to find anywhere in any of the existing laws that cover DNS to post the section of law that says it is a crime for a customer to "move". You will not be able to because it is not a crime to move. It is just a violation of your service agreement with your DBS provider.

Copyright law section 122:

(f) Violation of Territorial Restrictions on Statutory License for
Television Broadcast Stations.—
(1) Individual violations.—The willful or repeated secondary transmission
to the public by a satellite carrier of a primary transmission embodying
a performance or display of a work made by a television broadcast
station to a subscriber who does not reside in that station's local market, and
is not subject to statutory licensing under section 119 or a private licensing
agreement, is actionable as an act of infringement under section 501 and is
fully subject to the remedies provided by sections 502 through 506 and 509.....

Copyright law section 122:

This is penalties for the satellite CARRIER, NOT the CUSTOMER... :confused: :rolleyes:

As cj has already told you, there is NO such thing on the customer's end - probably because when these idiotic laws were passed, they thought just how ridiculous it would be levy a "penalty" against otherwise law-abiding citizens, just because they want to bypass their last-rate podunk stations... ;)

Last edited:
Listen if you research my past posts I am one of the biggest anti-NAB, anti-affiliate, anti-DMA system of decades past you can find, but everything within the law;

That's because, because I am SO sure you have NEVER, EVER, EVER, done ANYTHING so dishonest in your entire life. Frankly, people with these views scare me MORE than some criminals do. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

speak up and get the laws changed,

Go for it buddy, let us know how when works out for you - in the meantime, myself (& all of us other movers who'll be burning in hell :D :p ) will continue to enjoy all of our ill-gotten booty of stations that we are NOT supposed to see... :D :p

but don't lie and cheat and screw the rest of us while claiming you aren't doing anything.

It ISN'T hurting anyone else, EXCEPT perhaps my local affiliates - THEM I couldn't give a rat's heiny about. :mad:

Hey I know its not murder or rape, but come on, cheating and lying is just that.

Yadda, yadda, yadda - OK, we got it already. You NEVER have done a dishonest thing in your life - go set it to music. :rolleyes:
Oops, sorry, gotta go watch some more of my crystal clear CHICAGO locals I'm NOT supposed to be getting, as I burn in hell... :D

This is penalties for the satellite CARRIER, NOT the CUSTOMER... :confused: :rolleyes:

As cj has already told you, there is NO such thing on the customer's end - probably because when these idiotic laws were passed, they thought just how ridiculous it would be levy a "penalty" against otherwise law-abiding citizens, just because they want to bypass their last-rate podunk stations... ;)

If you lie to cause another to break the law, that is both fraud and conspiracy. The post properly answered the question that "moving" was more than just a violation of the D* terms of service.

That's because, because I am SO sure you have NEVER, EVER, EVER, done ANYTHING so dishonest in your entire life. Frankly, people with these views scare me MORE than some criminals do. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Go for it buddy, let us know how when works out for you - in the meantime, myself (& all of us other movers who'll be burning in hell :D :p ) will continue to enjoy all of our ill-gotten booty of stations that we are NOT supposed to see... :D :p

It ISN'T hurting anyone else, EXCEPT perhaps my local affiliates - THEM I couldn't give a rat's heiny about. :mad:

Yadda, yadda, yadda - OK, we got it already. You NEVER have done a dishonest thing in your life - go set it to music. :rolleyes:
Oops, sorry, gotta go watch some more of my crystal clear CHICAGO locals I'm NOT supposed to be getting, as I burn in hell... :D

I love how people start to launch retaliatory personal attacks once they get outed and owned for admitting to being a lying cheat.

And yes when I was a stupid, uneducated kid under the age of 16 I did some lying and cheating, but I grew up and learned right from wrong like most law abiding adults. So don't lash out at me because you are trying to defend something that is technically wrong and making weak excuses to defend it.

Last edited:
I love how people start to launch retaliatory personal attacks once they get outed and owned for admitting to being a lying cheat.

And I LOVE how self-right some people can be on these boards, especially for people they DON'T even know. :p ;)

As far as being "outed & admitting" - WHO'S being outed??? I have ALWAYS freely admitted to moving, as well as moving customers & encouraging others to do so. :D :D OK, so I'm lying about my address & getting "illegal channels", as well as "cheating on my local affiliates". (hey, why don't you call the Cheaters show on me :D ) I actually take these as compliments. OK, so what - get over yourself. :rolleyes:

is technically wrong and making weak excuses to defend it.

No excuses here - I do it, will KEEP on doing it, would not have it any other way - deal with it & I'll just have to burn in my own hell. :hatsoff: :D And you can feel vindicated that you really put me & other movers in OUR place. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
HAHAH, too freeking funny!

I sure hope you feel better?

You think being being trustworthy, honest and/or following the law or rules equals being self-righteous?

Too freeking hilarious! You have no clue, but that OK. LOL!

HAHAH, too freeking funny!

I sure hope you feel better?

Yea, I thought it was, too - yes felt almost orgasmic. :D

Too freeking hilarious! You have no clue, but that OK. LOL!

Yea, you neither - but you've now dressed me down multiple times on this public forum, so now the whole world knows. :eek:

I guess this will be an "agree to disagree thing" - YOU won't be changing your mind & certainly will not be anytime soon. Hey, it's all good...

Yea, you neither - but you've now dressed me down multiple times on this public forum, so now the whole world knows. :eek:

I am surely not the only one that is saying this here; great, you do what you do, but don't try to sugarcoat or justify it as anything other than what it really is; cheating; doing something illegal; AND if enough of movers, or a sharp increase in movers, grabs the attention of the powers that be, you may just screw all of those in the legal boat; but you aren't hurting anyone there either are you. I guess there are always people that say; it ain't wrong unless I get caught. Good luck to you!

I am surely not the only one that is saying this here;

And I am NOT the only one saying my position, either - what's your point?

great, you do what you do, but don't try to sugarcoat or justify it as anything other than what it really is; cheating; doing something illegal;

ALRIGHT, I ALL GET IT ALREADY - YOU'RE RIGHT, YOU'RE PERFECT & you NEVER do anything wrong!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AND if enough of movers, or a sharp increase in movers, grabs the attention of the powers that be, you may just screw all of those in the legal boat;

How, being as perfect as you are I'm SURE you come up with "some" reason...

but you aren't hurting anyone there either are you. I guess there are always people that say; it ain't wrong unless I get caught. Good luck to you!

You too, in your perfect do nothing EVER wrong life... :hatsoff: :p

And see, I didn't even attack you - I just hope I can aspire to be as perfectly honest as you one of these days :eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
well I am a "mover" and I subscribe to Canadian TV....damn I'm going to hell :D

Every time a moving thread comes up it seems like it turns into this "moving is bad" vs. "moving is OK". Some people feel moving is wrong and some people don't see anything wrong with it. You can tell my stand on it. As long as I am paying subscriber, what's the issue? I "moved" because my favorite college hockey team, Mn Duluth, has some games on the Duluth ABC station. So the only way to see the games on TV is to have the Duluth locals. The ABC station in Duluth is owned by the same people who own the ABC in Minneapolis (Hubbard Broadcasting) so they still get my eyes if I want ABC programming.

The OP couldnt remember if he moved so thats his own issue. I have been "moved" for almost 3 years now and whenever I call into Dish, they ask me for the address and I am smart enough to give them the right address :) When I lived in Duluth, I had Minneapolis locals because Duluth wasn't on Dish. The day they became available (tax day 04) I switched my address to Duluth.

So I forgot to tell them my physical address when I moved back to Minneapolis. Heck, when I changed my billing address Customer Service said "keep the physical address the same sir?"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts