don't see this one often...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For that price you wouldn't lose much anyway but you might want to inquire as to whether these receivers have L band inputs of if perhaps they're ASI only. If they're ASI only you'll need another receiver that has L band input and ASI out and you'll need to feed the ASI out from it into the ASI in on this one. Receivers that have only ASI inputs are basically just video decoders that need another receiver to tune and demodulate the transport stream.

Yes, but you have to understand that with commercial receivers like this many things are optional and the original purchaser orders them from the manufacturer with only the "options" they want and/or need. After looking at the manual you linked to, you'll see the location of "RF In" connector on the back of the receiver in a diagram provided. After looking at the pic of the rear of the receiver on that auction page, it doesn't appear to me there's a Coax connector in that location. Instead it appears there's just a black plastic disk covering the opening in the chassis where it would be. It does appear they have an ASI input module installed. Therefore if there's no "RF in" then it's basically just a video decoder. Of course if they have multiple units for sell perhaps not all of them are the same, but I'd definitely ask the seller if the unit has an RF in, if your planning on using it as a stand alone receiver and don't have other ASI equipment.

Last edited:
Agreed, ASI in only. This unit will not connect directly to a dish, it is a decoder only. Composite analog and SDI digital outputs. SDI is labeled as 'D1 Video'... I hate when serial digital is referred to by a tape format, it could just as easily be D5. Still a great deal, especially since two of my Digitrans receivers have ASI out :D Thanks, Techno!

Here is a link to the manual, in case anyone is interested in these...

Last edited:
Tron, in case these 2 STBs (I bought 2) only have ASI and no RF, do you wanna buy em? Do they have a good re-sale value? I bet you I made another dumb impulse buy.

Either that, or someone tell me how to access the ASI portion of my coolsat!!

I'll take 'em off your hands if it turns out they all only have ASI (which is probable). You could buy a Digitrans receiver for the ASI out, there are a couple on E-Bay now. Just be sure the one you get has the ASI output option, and L-Band inputs...

I got these 2 for dirt cheap. $25 a pop. There has to be a hefty re-sale value on this thing right? Maybe not. Thanks in advance.

He has offered refund upon re-shipment from my address. (It was already shipped out)

He DOES have a Unity 4000. I'm just wondering now if the 4000 is capable of doing 4:2:2 and/or has an ASI out. Will be checking! :)

thanks for the heads up on this. I have a demod that tunes and outputs ASI so this unit should be great for me!

He DOES have a Unity 4000. I'm just wondering now if the 4000 is capable of doing 4:2:2 and/or has an ASI out. Will be checking! :)

looking at the unity 4000 sales brochure, does 4:2:0 in SD resolutions only and outputs SPI.

No 4:2:2 on the 4000 :( What these 4422's WILL do for you is give you 4:2:2 if you have a 4:2:0 receiver, such as the Digitrans DTE-7100 (not necessary to have the 7150), which has ASI out. If you're hunting one, be sure it has the ASI out, since the receivers can be configured differently and still have the same model number.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)