Download section

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
5 miles N of Saugatuck, Mi
I just noticed that we have a Download section, although nothing is in it yet. Early days, but it could be useful. Has anyone heard what protocol we'll be using to upload files for consideration ?
:)

this is what I know...

-it will replace the FTA manual section
-mods can upload stuff directly
-members can post stuff but mods will need to approve it
-used for factory software

I have tried to use it but couldnt load anything into it. I guess I'll try again

well it looks like Scott needs to do some changes to it. Tried to upload a software zip file and got this

You may only upload or link to the following extensions: .pdf

how can you upload a pdf for software? ;)

Scott fixed it so folks can upload stuff. I kinda wish someone would so I can see how mods approve it ;)

I have a few files to upload, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Some instructions in the Downloads section would be helpful.

I know how to attach files to a regular post.

Help please.

ok here is how I've been doing it
-click on downloads link above
-select which topic (manual or firmware you have)
-click on "add new file"
-under file name give it a name (if you are confused on how to name it see how I have been doing it)
-scroll to where it says "upload a file"
-select your file form computer (either zip or pdf will work)
-click "add file" and it will upload it

Now after that I assume since a non-staff member is doing it I have to approve it. Do me a favor and after you submit it, shoot me a PM and I'll check

I'll make a topic in the main area soon with this info too :)

well it looks like Scott hasnt fully "activated" the download section for folks to add files. Just logged in with my non-staff user ID and all I can do is download them.

hang tight on that ;)

OK Scott fixed it so users can upload. If someone uploads a file please PM me that one was sent so I can approve it ;)

I see Scott moved it to a spot in the FTA area. They are now between the FAQ and the Equipment reviews.

well it got moved back to the top under "downloads" the other spot we couldnt approve files uploaded ;)

Thanks to the folks who have submitted items already. The more we get the better the area can be

I love this idea no longer will I and others have to search hack sites for factory firmware.

Nice Work :)

yep it was a much needed addition

So if you guys are searching the threads and find software that was posted in a thread, please upload it to the download section so we have one common spot :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)