Bad lnb?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kyleishere

Original poster
Dec 26, 2010
Florida
I just recently got a 30" Wineguard dish with lexium satellite receiver 7000 series. I can't get any kind of signal, I've moved it up down and all over the outside my apartment. It keeps saying (Signal strength 87%) (Signal quality 14%) it can't get it to go anymore higher that. Not even the slightest amount of a picture. Could this be a bad lnb or interference? I took the lnb off and it still jumps back and forth on the signal strength. The rest of the hair I have on my head is about to come out.

Attachments

• image-504466152.png
    image-504466152.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 158
I don't think it's a problem with your lnb. The screen you posted is a C band DCII signal. Your Lexium 7000 is a DVB receiver and will not tune DCII signals. Also for C band signals you would need at least a 6 foot dish. Your 30" dish is for ku signals. What channel are you trying to receive?

I just got this setup for xmas, So I'm a bit new here. I'm trying to pickup Ku or any satellite that runs on Ku. I'm in a apartment here with an open view from West-Southwest. My porch is screened in but I don't think it should have much effect on that because I've seen other people with dishes here. I know there are certain positions you have to set it too. But if I moved it in 20 directions it should atleast pickup something. I used Dishpointer AR to locate the satellites. LNB runs off of 10750mhz .Polarity is set to H/V. I bought this from galaxy marketing hmm I might post more screenshots of my setup when daylight comes about.

Attachments

• image-4061480422.png
    image-4061480422.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 141
First, in that range of sky, there's going to be very little for the FTA viewer. PBS on 125 is the only major thing.

Second, is it a plastic screen? If it's metal, forget about it.

Third, when aiming, you need to have your receiver set to a known active transponder frequency and symbol rate for the satellite you're aiming at. Otherwise, you'll never get a quality reading no matter how strong the signal is.

This receiver has presets programmed it doesn't let me change the symbol rate though and the screen is some kind of plastic mesh. People in my complex get direct tv so I know this is not a issue.

Attachments

• image-3556028632.png
    image-3556028632.png
    142 KB · Views: 144
  • image-203265298.png
    image-203265298.png
    160.8 KB · Views: 130
  • image-3352794624.png
    image-3352794624.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 118
  • image-3542166466.png
    image-3542166466.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 123
  • image-332240391.png
    image-332240391.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 146
That receiver is preset with a couple KU band Arabic channels for Gal19@97W and assumes you are going for that satellite. If you want to check that receiver and dish and raise your confidence level then see if that big tree to the left in your pic is in the way? Otherwise I recommend starting with SES-1@101W and the History channel/Biography channel transponder. It's easy to hit with elev and magnetic azmuth set correctly.

Also, You CAN change the SR...(pg 38 in the manual)

Last edited:
Try to get a compass and see what the actual position your apartment can see. Then someone here will show you what you will get and show you how to set your dish and receiver setting.

I have ruled out that location is the problem. I went to my parents house, who has a big open sky. Still no audio or Video. My only other thing is to think that the Receiver might have gone bad or I have zapped it plugging the cable in when hooking it up to the LNB

Someone posted a shot of a dishpointer or simular application . Before I would give up on any of you EQ, I would go to Dishpointer.com and put in you address and find your exact location, moving the poiner untill you are exactelly where your dish is. Pick a statelite that is just over a landmark. Find an actove TP for that satelite and aim at the landmark. then raise the dish very slowly, rocking it side to side VERY slightly as you raise the dish. You should find a signal and be able to bring it in. Be sure to adjust the skew for the satellite at your location before trying to find the signal. I had to do a setup at an unfamiliar location where my favorite satellite (G19) was behind 2 houses. I wanted to test the EQ. before I tried to find G19. We got a signal. I locked in elevation and skew, moved to where I hoped to get G19 and changed elevation the number of degrees I needed and swept the target area. We got a marginal but usable signal between the edges of two houses. Re-skewing was very important to getting 40% for a lock.

Still trying

I think I've pretty much tried everything to get a signal, I've changed 2 different locations. Signal strength gets up to 80% but the Signal quality is 14%, I'm starting to wonder if I zapped the box or Lnb because of me hooking it up improperly, if it wasnt that. My box only has autoscan. Would switching to a blind scan be easier?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)