Downloading movies

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
For the past few days... I have tried to download movies and when I check back I get download fail...when trying to download a tv show...it downloads the tv show

For some reason though, I am unable to download movies...this is the first time having a problem like this...is anyone else having a problem and what do I need to do to try and fix this???

I have reset, unplugged router and hopper but I have no idea why it would download a tv show but not a movie

Thanks in advance

I queued up four today and the first in my queue (Bad Teacher) failed but the other 3 downloaded and are available to view. Did you try putting more in your queue at once or are you trying one at a time?

I tried once and then I tried a few of them...if it's a movie, it is not downloading

Since TV shows are smaller files than movies, maybe your connection is timing out after X amount of time. Which may be just enough time for a TV show to download before it times out. When I've seen this in the past, usually it's a UPNP issue or lack there of and that causing the disconnect.

Any reason you think it is happening now...it has not been a problem since the Hopper first came out...it has just been happening here recently

There have been a few reports on online threads regarding connection issues since 234. I personally don't have any issues and I don't think there are a large amount of reports, but to me it sounds like a router issue. Just to test it out, you could try putting the Hopper IP address into the DMZ list on your router and see if it stays connected.

There have been a few reports on online threads regarding connection issues since 234. I personally don't have any issues and I don't think there are a large amount of reports, but to me it sounds like a router issue. Just to test it out, you could try putting the Hopper IP address into the DMZ list on your router and see if it stays connected.
I wonder if adding the Hopper IP address to the QOS setting would help, as well? I know that generally only applies to uploads. But, maybe the necessary responses from the Hopper aren't getting to the server? I'm just spitballing, of course.

I have been having this issue for a while. I tried two different modems and two different routers. Broadband says ok and have hopper in DMZ zone but still will not download movie. It worked a few times but this is more problems than its worth.

I'm going to cancel my free blockbuster since it does not work.

I have been having this issue for a while. I tried two different modems and two different routers. Broadband says ok and have hopper in DMZ zone but still will not download movie. It worked a few times but this is more problems than its worth.

I'm going to cancel my free blockbuster since it does not work.
There should still be other movies available for download, other than BB@H.

Still cant download movies (I could since day one) now when I click on a movie it comes uo and says watch now or watch later ...no green bar and it is 0.00 ...very weird

Still cant download movies (I could since day one) now when I click on a movie it comes uo and says watch now or watch later ...no green bar and it is 0.00 ...very weird
Reboot the receiver and then try to download a DIFFERENT movie. I had this problem with a movie last month. It was jamming the whole thing up and would never download, but it kept other things from downloading too because it jammed the whole system up.

Reboot the receiver and then try to download a DIFFERENT movie. I had this problem with a movie last month. It was jamming the whole thing up and would never download, but it kept other things from downloading too because it jammed the whole system up.

Thanks for the advice but I tried that...im hoping an update or overnight reboot will just fix it

Im not sure what else to do haha

I put 18 movies into the queue to download overnight. A few of them downloaded, the rest show failed. Never had a problem like this before. It's been a few months since I tried to download something. Nothing has changed in my setup other than the Hopper's firmware. Hopefully this is addressed in a future update.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

At first I thought it was just a certain channel that would not download but that's not the case as certain movies download while others wont...comes back download failed

Any ideas???

At first I thought it was just a certain channel that would not download but that's not the case as certain movies download while others wont...comes back download failed

Any ideas???

The ones that failed, we're they further down in the que and should have downloaded after the nightly update? Or were the failed events failing prior to the update?

Yes, I am having trouble completing a full download of Spartacus 303 HD the last few days.

I have tried both wired and wireless connections, Hopper and Joey, soft and hard resets, and I am still having failures every time.

If my network is the issue, it is being super particular, as I've still been able to both download a previous HD episode of Spartacus, and even full HD movies (e.g. 13 Going on 30, Ali).

It's just that particular episode that refuses to fully download.

Last edited:
You should post a list of the movies that you tried that failed, so more of us cam try and test to see if we get the same thing.

I decided to take advantage half-off promotion yesterday, and (temporarily) order Starz. There may have been a fix through tech support, or something, but I was tired of dealing with the headache.

With that in mind, I do not understand why in the world people want Netflix on Dish, or those who say BB@Home replaces Netflix. Dish's system/interface is a joke. Even putting aside download and connection errors (later of which happens to me frequently on the Joey), their On Demand interface is clunky as hell.

Roku, on other hand, is smooth and sleek. Much better user experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)