Downloads

I think all the VOD and PPV stuff available on "regular" channels comes down via satellite. To get to online content, you have to hit your DVR button and select the DishOnline menu item.

No I can tell that it is being downloaded over the internet.

You obviously are confusing PPV with on demand. How can you download from the internet when your not connected to the internet? The 722 can do lots of things, but magic is not one of them.;)

The ONLY thing that downloads over the internet is if you pick a show/movie using DISHONLINE and request it to.

ALL VOD is downloaded by satellite

If 722 cant do magic...how is my 625 doing magic. I have Dish on Demand....plus On demand movies on my 625...& it certainly dont have ethernet port...plus its not connected by phone also.

It is being downloaded by Satellite mentioned couple of post above.

If 722 cant do magic...how is my 625 doing magic. I have Dish on Demand....plus On demand movies on my 625...& it certainly dont have ethernet port...plus its not connected by phone also.

It is being downloaded by Satellite mentioned couple of post above.

I meant DishOnline.

That may be right I was able to see my recordings of both DVR's when I hooked my 622 up to the internet. My 722K also gives me the warning about internet providers download policies.

So, in fact, you have gone through the process that makes it obvious to any user that the content will be downloaded via internet connection. Again, you have to request that and it ONLY goes into the MY DOWNLOADS section of the DishONLINE interface, not in the My Recordings section of your DVR.

As an earlier poster stated, VOD via the EPG or on Channels 1 or the 500's are downloaded via satellite, but as a download, not streaming live.