DPH42 Switch with HWS System

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Well, finally got a DPH42 switch installed with a Hybrid Duo Hub for my two HWSs and one Joey 1. Using one dish, a Western Arc 1000+ that sights in four birds 119, 110, 129, & 118.7. It has been a long road, getting close to the end to a Hopper 3 system. Thanks for all the help from members in the SatGuys forum, DIRT members, and retailers JSheridan & Mark from DishDepot.com for all your help. Also, thank DISH for developing the new DPH42 switch. My next step is to message a DIRT member and see what I can do upgrading to a Hopper 3 system. If no luck there I will contact DISH customer support and request the higher up department and go from there. Here is a couple pics of my redneck head-end board.

DPH42 Switch.jpg DPH42 Switch-1.jpg

Although, with redundancy and the ability to record on HWS #2 when all tuners on HWS #1 are busy, why you would consider a H3 is beyond me.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Although, with redundancy and the ability to record on HWS #2 when all tuners on HWS #1 are busy, why you would consider a H3 is beyond me.
I have massive sports timers and it is easier to keep them on a second Hopper. Second Hopper also has hi priority timers in case of a hick up with the primary Hopper. It has saved my life several times with my Commander in Chief! And of course the redundancy. Also, just because!

I have massive sports timers and it is easier to keep them on a second Hopper. Second Hopper also has hi priority timers in case of a hick up with the primary Hopper. It has saved my life several times with my Commander in Chief! And of course the redundancy. Also, just because!
So what are you looking for in the new system an H3 and 2 joeys, an H3, HWS, and 1 Joey, or two H3s and 1 joey because I thought even with the release of this new switch two H3s would still not be allowed

Reactions: charlesrshell
So what are you looking for in the new system an H3 and 2 joeys, an H3, HWS, and 1 Joey, or two H3s and 1 joey because I thought even with the release of this new switch two H3s would still not be allowed
Bottom line, I want two H3s, two 4K Joeys, and I already have two WJs. I will just wait if DISH will not allow the two H3s until they decide when it will be allowed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)