DPP44 grounding

Andrewwski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Quick question...the DPP44 cannot be used as a ground block, correct?

I had family who had a Dish install yesterday, three 322's off a DPP 44. The installer did not use a ground block, rather he used the DPP44 as a ground block. I questioned him on this and he said it was fine to use, but I swear I've heard you can't use it as a ground block.

In theory, it should work, but it doesn't meet NEC code, does it?

I probably should add a ground block, right?

Also...this one was a little strange to me. All of the cables in their basement were cut to length and terminated with crimp fittings. The installer told me they weren't allowed to make connections with crimp fittings and had to use compression. So he re-terminated all of the cables.

Then, when it came to hooking the 322's up, he used cables with crimp fittings from the wallplate to the diplexer, the diplexer to the separator, and the separator to the inputs. That confused me a little...he said he's not allowed to use the crimp fittings, so he spent the time to re-terminate my cables, and then he added crimped cables elsewhere?

We've had so many discussions about using the switches as ground and never came to a definitive conclusion. If I were you, I would just add the ground block and ground it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)