DPP44 Switch Purchase Price

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
I've seen these DPP44 switches at various prices. What is the average price for a new DPP44 Switch? Thanks.

Look online at some satellite retailers, or look on eBay, I purchased my DPP44 on eBay, New of course, at that time price was approximately $80. For the switch and power supply.

The only problem with the DPP33 is that supposedly it doesn't work with 1000.x dishes very well. Personally for my H/J setup I have a DPP44 hooked to the 1000.2 and a DPP33 cascaded from the DPP44 with no issues whatsoever.

3HaloODST said:
The only problem with the DPP33 is that supposedly it doesn't work with 1000.x dishes very well. Personally for my H/J setup I have a DPP44 hooked to the 1000.2 and a DPP33 cascaded from the DPP44 with no issues whatsoever.

If you have a 1000.2 get the W bracket that holds 3 dish pro single lnb's

True, I think what the supposed problem with the DPP33 + DPP LNBs is that supposedly the DPP33 doesn't do the signaling to properly disable the DPP and turn the DPP LNBs into DP. However in my case I believe that the DPP44 is doing that job anyway, so cascading the DPP33 is no problem from the DPP 1k.2. If I didn't already have the DPP44 I'd probably do what you suggested.

3HaloODST said:
True, I think what the supposed problem with the DPP33 + DPP LNBs is that supposedly the DPP33 doesn't do the signaling to properly disable the DPP and turn the DPP LNBs into DP. However in my case I believe that the DPP44 is doing that job anyway, so cascading the DPP33 is no problem from the DPP 1k.2. If I didn't already have the DPP44 I'd probably do what you suggested.

Yes I think that was the issue. Dp44 is a better switch anyways

Does the Switch still go outside near the dish?

I've seen a power supply that comes with this switch. I'm not sure how I could plug it in outside.

Also, I've been looking on ebay for this switch. What is the difference between the ones that have 173402 and 142350 on them?

Last edited:
It can go anywhere on the lines between the dish and the receivers.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

There are two versions, the newer one is UL approved as a grounding block, the older one is not. Both are otherwise the same.

I have my switch and node inside in a closet for easy access and out of the weather. Plus don't make the outside look tacky with the extra loops of wires.

Sent from my iPad3 using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• image-1476149759.jpg
    image-1476149759.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 321
Great. Any idea what the different numbers on the Switch represent?

Depends on what numbers you are referring to. If it's just the numbers on the switch by the connectors, the ones on the left and right are just labeled 1 2 3 4 for sats 1 2 3 & 4. Connect the dish lines (1 for each sat) on the left, the right is for adding another switch. The ones on the bottom are 1 2 3 4 for receivers 1 2 3 & 4. The power inserter must always be used on receiver port 1. A receiver can be hooked to the power inserter however when dealing with Hopper nodes this is not the case. For the solo node use ports 2 & 3. For the duo node use ports 2 3 & 4.

Which one is new?

The one without the fins, colored gray, like in agarrett22's pic is the newer one. The older one (which is what I have) has cooling fins and it's pretty much all silver, and is a tad bigger. Here :-

DPP44plus-close.jpg

I keep my DPP44 in the house as its much easier to swap if it ever fails.

Same here.

The model numbers that are on switch on the to different models I've seen. Both are DPP44 but it has a number on it that are different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts