DPP44 Wont pick up my Dish 500 :(

Deekay213

Original poster
May 31, 2007
Hey there fellas! Im here with another problem.. :( I just finished setting up my Dish 1000.2 to sat 148 and my Dish 500 to 110 and 119 and they are going to my DPP44 switch but for some reason my receiver (921dvr) wont pick up 110 and 119 off my Dish 500 it only picks up sat 148 off the Dish 1000.2?????? Why does'nt it pick up my Dish 500?

Thanks!

:)

Why do you have it set up that way?

I'm not certain but if you have the one piece triple LNB on the 1000.2 and a twin on the 500, that could be your problem. Also, do you have a legacy twin or a DP twin on the 500 dish?

Well on my 1000.2 for some reason my 2 other LNB's dont work so i can only use it for 1 sat. So i decided to might as well just use it for 148 sat. And on my Dish 500 im sure its a DP since it has the DP logo on the front and the LNB has 1 output for 119 and another for 110 so i have to run 2 cables to my switch one for 119 and another for 110... Does the DP Dish 500 have a built in switch in the LNB? so that im only able to run 1 cable to my receiver?:eek:

I think you probably have an equipment configuration that your receiver is having a hard time making sense of.

Did you verify that the DP Twin LNB was working correctly by bypassing the switch and hooking directly to it?

Yeah i bypassed the DPP44 switch and went straight to the receiver and it picked up 119 of the 119 LNB so this means there is no built in switch in the LNB if not i would of picked up 110 as well right?:confused:

If it is an LNB that spans both slots on the plastic yoke at the end of the 500, then it is a DP Twin LNB and they have switches built into them.

I just checked it has the big DP logo on it but the built in switch doesnt work for some reason it only picks up one sat at a time not both thru one cable...:(

I just checked it has the big DP logo on it but the built in switch doesnt work for some reason it only picks up one sat at a time not both thru one cable...:(
If you have a DPP44, all the LNB cables must go directly to the DPP44. That's probably why the Dish 1000.2 wasn't getting 110/119.

Tech Portal said:
# Connect the three output ports of the DP Plus 1000.2 LNBF to a DISH Pro Plus 44 switch for an additional receiver. When connected to a DPP44 switch using 3 cables, the LNBF provides signal from 110°, 119°, and 129°.

# The LNB input port is disabled if the Integrated LNBF is connected to a DPP44 switch; the 4th orbital in this configuration would have to be connected via the switch.

Yeah i had the 1000.2 hooked up to the dpp44 with all 3 lnb outputs hooked up to the dpp44 as per the dpp44 diagram but i noticed that when i tested each individual lnb with the receiver it would only pick up the first lnb the other 2 wont read at all i doubt its the cables since they are new....

The Dish 500 DP Twin only picks up one sat at a time not both like it should since it should have a built in switch. But the problem is that no matter what my DPP44 wont pick up the Dish 500 at all. I mean there is strong signal but the switch wont detect. Can it be my LNB? or my Switch? I also have another Dish 500 pointed at sat 91 and the switch wont read that either for some reason it only reads the 1000.2... Im stuck :confused:

I don't know if this will help you but it did me. You said all the cables are new. Check the "stinger" (center lead) at the connections going into the 44 switch. They need to be a little longer then normal. Mine stick out about 1/4 inch past the connector. That worked for me! Good luck.

Yeah i bypassed the DPP44 switch and went straight to the receiver and it picked up 119 of the 119 LNB so this means there is no built in switch in the LNB if not i would of picked up 110 as well right?:confused:

You are correct. There's most likely a probem with that lnb. Also, that 1000.2 is not compatible with the DPP44 switch. If you hook it up it will work for a few days, then the power from the 44 switch will burn out the lnb. I've seen it happen.

Your best bet would be to put up a wing dish with a dp dual for the 148.

what receiver are you using?

why would you have a dish at 91 which is ExpressVu into the Dish switch?

I think you already know why.

Also, that 1000.2 is not compatible with the DPP44 switch. If you hook it up it will work for a few days, then the power from the 44 switch will burn out the lnb.

Horse-hockey! Current is drawn, not pushed.

Incase you haven'y had any luck yet, your problem probably lies in the fact that the dp44 switch requires a power inserter.

I have the power inserter hooked up to the DPP44 and powered on. Now here is another problem i ran into. I just ran the 110 sat cable straight to the 921 box and when i did a Check switch to see if it picks up 110 it failed and said no switch detected and this is straight from the D500 LNB. I have the BellVue sat for my living room its a 301 receiver ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts