Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
"This truck was 'ANNHIALATED' by the tree"...."Today's travel could be dangerous and DEADLY..." ...."People may LOSE their LIVES tonight...." :eek:
These are just a few of the phrases I heard this morning, as my wife turned on The Weather Channel while she got ready for work. I guess the reason for this channel now is to scare the hell out of you, rather than just show a boring forecast! It's like these people go to drama school to learn how to do it! :rolleyes: Weather (of all kinds) was a lot more peaceful a few years ago...:D

I gave up on tv weather after repeated SNOWMAGEDDON!'s and STORM OF THE MILLENIUM!!!

10 seconds on intellicast is all I need

do we really need another dolt standing outside in a parka?

Its not just the weather channel these days Drumming up horror stories and gloom and doom when it comes to weather!Its most tv media these days.When i went to school in the 60s and 70s unless you had a real major snowstorm i went to school and the media didn't make such a big deal on the weather.Today the threat of any snow is enough to sturr up the media causing schools to shut down before the first flake falls.I don't watch tv much anymore when it comes to weather or news reports because of all the build up and drama they do.I have been driving over 30 years now with a reg car (no all wheel drive) and never got stuck or had a accident driving anywhere.When my wife has the weather on and i see that they are saying don't drive!its verry dangerous to do it! just shake my head and head out to work.

I love to see the guys on the weather channel standing outside in hurricane force winds saying its really windy out here you shouldn't go outside...well duh! Same thing during a snowstorm too except they have their cute little ruler or yardstick in hand....Blind

Even funnier things to see when you tune in one of those bad weather raw feeds! It's funny to see and hear the banter going on between the poor unfortunates in the field and the studio suits ;) ...

Even funnier things to see when you tune in one of those bad weather raw feeds! It's funny to see and hear the banter going on between the poor unfortunates in the field and the studio suits ;) ...
Tron
I understand you had some bad weather last week. I have neighbors who flew in to NO for a couple of days and they said that the rain was very heavy and they were walking in a couple of inches water, most of the time.
Mike Lib

Yep... A cool front with bad timing came through over the past weekend, and messed up the Saturday Mardi Gras parades. Then, on Wednesday morning, we had some very severe thunderstorms that caused quite a bit of street flooding in the suburbs. When it rains more than an inch an hour, the pumps can't keep up, and the streets will start flooding rather quickly. Fortunately, there are very few if any reports of water entering homes or businesses.

I like the name "Tornado Trauma TV. " If they show more stuff like storm stories instead of weather reports, they could be more like MTV and VH1. Remember when MTV and VH1 used to show music videos?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)