Driod X comes complete with a Kill Switch

Well I took back the x, and the guy there assured me the phone was good, I didnt return it today as he gave me another x (and yes i still have the chance to either take it back or swap out) and I have to say I am happy with the x, and really I dont see anything coming out for awhile that beats this spec wise (well other then the pro) so we will see I dont want to pay the 35 dollar restocking fee if I dont have to, so I will give it a bit longer.

Well I took back the x, and the guy there assured me the phone was good, I didnt return it today as he gave me another x (and yes i still have the chance to either take it back or swap out) and I have to say I am happy with the x, and really I dont see anything coming out for awhile that beats this spec wise (well other then the pro) so we will see I dont want to pay the 35 dollar restocking fee if I dont have to, so I will give it a bit longer.

I thought it was too big.

I would have gone for the D2, which looks kind of nice to me. The comfortableness of a what you know, i.e., the Droid, but faster, and with more memory.

plus its got amazing scores on Quadrant.

I would have gone for the D2, which looks kind of nice to me. The comfortableness of a what you know, i.e., the Droid, but faster, and with more memory.

it is big, lol, I am nervous about breaking the screen, that is what scares me...it is thin, just wide.

Go for the R2-D(roid)2. :D

I HAVE GOT IT!!!!!! battery life is back to normal.....seems as though gps gets stuck open or it wont let your phone go to sleep after a program (weatherbug, google maps etc.) poll or ask for gps so the fix for now is to shut gps off while not in use....and I am at 90% battery after unplugging this morning!!! yeah!!!!

I never keep gps on, nor wifi, ect. And I am still at 50% at noon. CHarged back up to 80%, and am now at 60%.

Of course I did use sling a little after lunch.

The way it's supposed to work on Android phones is that the GPS chipset goes into sleep mode or similar and only awakens when an application requests it. The problem is, more and more apps will try and check "location".

The way it's supposed to work on Android phones is that the GPS chipset goes into sleep mode or similar and only awakens when an application requests it. The problem is, more and more apps will try and check "location".

Yeah,and if you have a weather widget, it will suck the life out of the phone if GPS is on, checking location regularly.

I use GPS only when I need it, for all the same reasons.

My Droid 1 was out of the charger from 10am until 7pm yesterday, and I used the phone intermittently, several text messages, a couple calls, sporadic email checks; and had probably 80% still when I put it back in the charger. But every day's battery usage is different, that is for sure.

I use the Fancy Widgets clock/weather widget (the clone of HTC's that was shut down) and often inadvertently leave GPS on with no ill-effects. I suspect this particular one, in fact I'm almost positive, actually uses cell-tower triangulation for location.

I use the Fancy Widgets clock/weather widget (the clone of HTC's that was shut down) and often inadvertently leave GPS on with no ill-effects. I suspect this particular one, in fact I'm almost positive, actually uses cell-tower triangulation for location.

The Weather Channel app uses both cell triangulation and gps, because sometimes it will give me a "GPS Unavailable" if it can't figure out where it is from the tower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)