Driod X comes complete with a Kill Switch

The Eris was only rooted "reliably" about two weeks ago. Previously, right around the same time VZW/HTC was testing 2.1, a leak method was released (by HTC ??) but if you had already updated to the "beta" version, you were S.O.L. until two weeks ago. I realize activity with the Eris may have increased a lot in those two weeks, but it was very popular before (based on postings).

So sitting here on the cusp of grabbing my first smart phone. I'm on VZW and after bad experiences on both Sprint and AT&T, neither will happen again. All things considered I'm planning on grabbing an X, unless there is a compelling reason to get the Incredible. I like the internal storage on the X and let's face it, the size as well... but I've heard conflicting reports on the psuedo-blur UI. As a newb that is unlikely to attempt rooting his phone, would the Sense based Incredible make more, well sense?
(Since this seemed to deviate from kill switch talk a while back, figured might as well ask here)

So sitting here on the cusp of grabbing my first smart phone. I'm on VZW and after bad experiences on both Sprint and AT&T, neither will happen again. All things considered I'm planning on grabbing an X, unless there is a compelling reason to get the Incredible. I like the internal storage on the X and let's face it, the size as well... but I've heard conflicting reports on the psuedo-blur UI. As a newb that is unlikely to attempt rooting his phone, would the Sense based Incredible make more, well sense?
(Since this seemed to deviate from kill switch talk a while back, figured might as well ask here)

I have the Droid X. I have installed ADW launcher and do not use Blur. As for Incredible it is a nice phone and rooted already, although you stated you are unlikely to do that. Something you may want to know is the Droid X does have 8GB internal however it is for emails, apps and operating system. You can not store music and video on it so that is why you get a 16GB micro SD card.

If you can wait that you might like the Samsung Fasicnate. It will be a 4" Screen, 2GB internal, unspecified Memory Card and 1GHZ Hummingbird processor. The process in the Samsung is better than either Droid Incredible or X. I have played with the Samsung Vibrant(T-Mo) with is a part of the Galaxy S Line that bring companies the Epic(Sprint) Fascinate(VZW) and Vibrant(T-Mo)

In the end it will be preference. Droid Incredible has a 1GHZ Snapdragon vs Droid X 1GHZ TI Omap processor. The TI have a better graphics rendering from I read. However 1GHZ Hummingbird takes them both out.

there is no release info on the fascinate yet
but i did hear the droid 2 is due out end of august, but thats just an internet rumor atm

there is no release info on the fascinate yet
but i did hear the droid 2 is due out end of august, but thats just an internet rumor atm

I'm not expecting the Droid 2 to be much to write home about, basically will be a 3.0 compatible version of the first Droid and not much else if the leaked spec sheet from a bit ago is right. Droid X is the better phone and Droid 2 only an option if you need a keyboard. Basically an enV vs enV touch type comparison.

That didn't take long. :)

I have a few guys here in my office that are going to root today and get rid of some of the verizon bloatware. :)

That is about all you can do right now; I am not sure how the bootloader works, in terms of whether it is possible to make kernels for it to enable over-clocking. But wireless tether will work now for rooted folks.

Those guys were quick with that rooting. I had a nexus one, but didn't keep it due to the fact the capacitive buttons at the bottom kept registering when I was hitting the space bar while texting.

I am pretty interested in the Droid X, but that would mean a carrier switch to Verizon.

In my market (I know you will find this hard to believe). AT&T has the best coverage by far.

well I just placed my order for the droid x... it should be here by next thursday (its backordered, but the lady said the USUALLY come off backorder faster then they say) so whenever it gets shipped it will be here the next day! man I love my droid, and the droid x just seems that much better!

well I just placed my order for the droid x... it should be here by next thursday (its backordered, but the lady said the USUALLY come off backorder faster then they say) so whenever it gets shipped it will be here the next day! man I love my droid, and the droid x just seems that much better!

That did not surprise me in the least. :D

I am waiting to see what goodies we get this fall in terms of options. :)

well I was due for a upgrade :) plus the fall lineup has come out and I didnt see anything better...droid 2 (ehhh in my opinion) and the samsung fascinate (equal to the x in my opinion) so I might as well use that upgrade. I still have 30 days to take it back if I am not happy and put myself back in line but I dont see anything worth it for a while.

And now it comes with one click rooting...:)

500x_droid-x-easy-root.jpg

GUI DroidX Root Program - Windows Only - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - GUI DroidX Root Program - Windows Only - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home

Diogen.

well I was due for a upgrade :) plus the fall lineup has come out and I didnt see anything better...droid 2 (ehhh in my opinion) and the samsung fascinate (equal to the x in my opinion) so I might as well use that upgrade. I still have 30 days to take it back if I am not happy and put myself back in line but I dont see anything worth it for a while.

It's been three months already. Man time fly's by fast. ;):D

Due for an upgrade.... that is funny. You just went back into the phone whore business, and you know it! You couldn't stay away. You are like a junkie who hasn't had his crack fix in awhile. :D ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)