Dropping DirecTV - Going off the Grid!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
I think I am finally going to do it. I think when my billing cycle comes up, I am finally going to drop DirecTV, or at least greatly decrease channel package. I have recently installed a TV antenna and get all our locals plus a few extras OTA. We just don't watch much TV off the major networks. A few shows like Walking Dead and Mad Men that we do watch will be cheaper to buy on a per episode basis through iTunes. We also have Netflix and Hulu to keep the kids happy on the cartoon front.

I guess what I am asking is, what is the absolute cheapest basic channel package I can get through DirecTV? I ask because there is no local ABC station (D* carries an ABC station from another market here). Also would like to ride out my contract on a basic package (I only have a couple months left), JUST IN CASE this plan to not have a TV provider starts to suck.

I remember Dish Network had a 10-15 dollar package a few years back, didn't know if direct had something similar.

Nothing that cheap. Call and ask, they don't advertise it.

Thanks Iceberg, Thats one of the few things holding me back from dropping completely at the moment, no ABC station. Although, currently, there is nothing we watch on ABC. Still looking for an online option for that network.

yeah for episodes yeah, I kinda meant for any live sporting events that they might decide to air. Doesn't happen often, just covering my bases. I seen in a few older threads that Directv also has a "select" package. Is that package still available?

Iceberg, I thought they had a package they didn't advertise.

Family is the lowest for 29.99 but they do have select classic for 41.99 that has more than just kids channels and inspirational networks

They have an even cheaper one but it must be combined with an international package. Family at 29 is your best bet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)