Dropping DTV soon, do they want the boxes back?

Don in CT

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 4, 2013
Central CT
I've been on DTV for about 5 years now. Going to drop them soon, being off contract do they still want the boxes returned?

Reactions: Jillian2
I've been on DTV for about 5 years now. Going to drop them soon, being off contract do they still want the boxes returned?
Thats up to them ... kinda depends on what boxes they are.

HS17 ... probably.
HR54 ... probably.
Hr 24 and lower .... probably not.
Clients .... probably.

Do AT&T retail stores take them or do they have to be shipped.
You have to ship them back. I put my HR 54 receiver and remote in a plastic bag and took it to a FedEx store that boxed and sent it back. Just save your email DTV sends you and show it to the FedEx people. Need your account number , your receiver model. All that info is sent to your email address when you cancel DTV. FedEx shipped mine the next day. I received an email from DTV that they had received my equipment.. you can request a box and shilling label be sent to you, but it’s so much faster to take it to a FedEx or an UPS store that does shipping returns.
DTV suggested this to me .

You have to ship them back. I put my HR 54 receiver and remote in a plastic bag and took it to a FedEx store that boxed and sent it back. Just save your email DTV sends you and show it to the FedEx people. Need your account number , your receiver model. All that info is sent to your email address when you cancel DTV. FedEx shipped mine the next day. I received an email from DTV that they had received my equipment.. you can request a box and shilling label be sent to you, but it’s so much faster to take it to a FedEx or an UPS store that does shipping returns.
DTV suggested this to me .
I mean shipping label

Haven’t officially canceled yet but switch to X1 today. The interface is much better and a useable remote! PQ seems slightly better.

You can take your receivers to any FedEx or UPS store and they will ship them back to AT&T for free. They will scan the barcodes on each receiver and give you a receipt showing proof that you dropped them off.

Reactions: Don in CT
If you've got stuff recorded on the box, you might want to keep it; at least until you can copy it off somewhere else. (They're not going to send someone after it.)
They may bill you for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)