DSR-410 Programming Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skitheberks

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
CT
Last night here in CT we had a lightning storm. No power surges. I was watching HGTV during the storm and after.

I wake up this morning and the guide was empty and all channels said "Not Subscribed". I did get BlackBelt so the system was working. I left the receiver on ch 204 and called for a hit while at work.

I went home about two hours later and nothing. I called from home and got another hit and the channels started to come back and the guide did to, but this time it is now in EST (which is now correct).

I did notice that I do not have 200 (A&E Bio), 202 (Bravo), 201 (BBC) and 203 (Disc-Kids). They all say not subscribed. They have been here since last week when I activated the DSR-410. It is to late to call the programming center.

I also asked about channel 290 (Soap) as that has said "not subscribed" since I got the DSR. I asked the rep and he said it is not one of their channels and does not know how I would get it. I also noticed that FOX sports (277, 278), ESPN 281, and Fine Living 270 are the same way? How do you get those?

I would never advise watching satellite TV, especially C band, during a thunderstorm. Since the W5 sat is pretty high in the arc, I think it's trouble waiting to happen. I have had many LNBs ruined over the years by lightning. The "disposable" LNBs from China don't last long anyway. I'm not talking even about actually being hit but the cloud burst of energy amplified the the LNB electronics. A BUD captures plenty of signal by design and focuses that right into your LNB.

With that being said...I think your 410 might need a master reset. I would suggest signing up for Websams so you can rehit the unit yourself after business hours, holidays etc.

How do you enroll in websams?

I did get a hit tonight. It restored the missing channels but everything else I was subscribed to became "subscription required". I called and got hit number two and I am back to where I was last night.

I do think it is hardware related. I am not sure I want to do a master reset just yet.

UPDATE:

When I called a rep last night and stayed on the phone with her until it worked, the fix was DEACTIVATING the programming and reactivating it. That fixed it.

The re-hits did not work.

i just got a dsr-410nm today.
1. What sats are there DGII channes for free on ku?
2. Behind the Genreal Inusumrent tag, on the left side, theres a port, looks like a car,s diagnostic port, whats this for?

on KU?

Oklahoma PBS on AMC5
Georgia PBS on AMC3

Check Lyngsat for the info....most 4DTV boxes (905,920,922)m usually have them mapped in already

i had a primestar dish and i was messing around with it, i hit X4 witch came up as g25 on my cs6000, but nothing apeared on my DGII receiver, if i would let it sit for a sec it would say "please wait while were processing your reqeuest" although it did that on all chans even if the dish was not hooked up. i never figured out the port on the front, but it goes to the power board and the hardware board, so i guessing it is a test port, also this receiver has a serial port so you can hook up a hd decoder

The port on the front was probably for a smart card unit. X4 no longer has any DC II programming on it. "Please wait while are processing your request" means the receiver is searching different symbol rates and FEC's looking for lock.

so unless you move the dish to AMC3 and get the correct symbol rate/frequency for GPBS it will say that
(or if you hook it up to a C-Band dish at W5 it will probably find something)

Ice, I know that the DC II will search all the SR/FEC it is programed in to it. The DSR 410's are more like a 920 and have less to choose from. Placing the 410 on W5 would probably be the best bet to find anything since I know that SR 19510 3/4 FEC is what they use on all the HITS SD channels. It may also find something on the ANIK birds since Starchoice uses those spec's on there SD channels.

interesting...I just won a 410 off fleabay so I'll have to try that when it comes :)

yep the SC s/r are all 19510 3/4 FEC on the SD channels

i just got a dsr-410nm today.
1. What sats are there DGII channes for free on ku?

If you have C band, try AMC18. American Life TV (ALTV) is a great channel. You might get lucky and have it come in. It's in "U" mode, most times as long as the box is subbed to something, you will get it. But...I have a 410 that is not currently subbed and gets it. After a month or 2 it goes to "OC" mode when it doesn't come in. If it sits overnight it will come in again and the cycle repeats.

Blackbelt TV is in "F" mode and always comes in. If you like martial arts programming it's also free.

Check out SRL for programming packages. I would have them check the unit ID#, unless that box was sold by Skyvision, it probably can't be subbed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)