DSR-410 receiver or remote issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skitheberks

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
CT
I thought I posted this yesterday, but I did not see it. My DSR-410 or the remote is giving me a problem. The remote stops working. If I turn the receiver off at the receiver, the remote would turn it on but that is it. I did change the batteries. The remote will still turn on / off the TV, so it is sending out the “signal” for that device. I unplugged the DSR-410 overnight and put it on to ch. 204 and the remote started to work.

It then stopped working again. I noticed if I use the channel up control on the receiver the remote would work for a while. So when it quits I go to the receiver and hit channel up to get the remote to work.

Is it the receiver or the remote? Any suggestions?

The remote is working normally now, channel up and down, info, guide, set up functions.

I would change the remote address on it. there is an option but I'm not near the box to check. I think its options 6-3-2

I noticed early on with my Skyvision DSR410, that the receiver doesn't acknowledge the remote for a few minutes after a reboot when the power was disconnected. After the typical Motorola warm up phase.

During my initial setup, I had to use the front panel buttons. I noticed the little green LED blink when a button was depressed and sometimes after a long delay, the action would occur. I have 3 4DTV remotes and all did the same thing with it. I think these receivers are a bit buggy by nature.

I did read the owners manual for the DSR-410 and saw on the menu how to change the address for the remote. The remote does work 90% of the time. I think it is in the receiver itself. The other odd thing is the DSR's remote does not work anymore with my remote extender. It's not the remote extender as I checked other devices.

I did call SkyVision but missed the return call.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)