DSR 905 & DVB Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
Hello,

I am in the process of getting a C/Ku band system set up and going. I found a DSR 905 on E-Bay that I am looking at. Can it be used on the same dish as say, a Openbox S9 or Manhattan 1933? I have ordered a DMX741 C/Ku LNBF and I am going to use a GBox as the positioner. I assume that Programming Center will authorize the 905? And, I guess that the 905 can get the DCII signals that are in fixed key mode?

Thanks

There is a 905 on E-Bay, but from what I can understand, the guy has had it in the box for 7-10 years (so he says) would the battery probably not be dead by now? Also he doesn't' have the remote control for it, does the 905 use the same as the 922? I appreciate your answers. Thanks

battery should still be good enough but you should change it

The motorola remotes are universal so a 905/920/922 all work
The Voom remote works too as does a Shaw Direct (StarChoice) remote

If the UID is good the battery is good. I would change it ASAP though since once the XC chip powers down below 3 volts for a short period the unit is a brain dead boat anchor. Not a pretty sight I've seen it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)