dsr-920 4DTV limits / motor movement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
ok i can move the motor but the sensor must not be hook up correctly or maybe something else.

here are a couple of photos of the motor in question.

the motor works fine but only lets me move it in one direction , it errors out trying to go the other direction saying it reached the physical limit (so to move it alot i have to swap the white & red wires) (M1 & M2)

let me know what i'm doing wrong

also i tend to find the channels don't always line up analog 4dtv & ku they might be a click off for peak on each or am i still off on my tweaking..??
i finally was able to get "VC" lock lol although i had it before but didn't realize it
got cnn on 125 tp5 (90 signal) but could also get hbo on 123 now i didn't look at the signal level on hbo but it gave me the vc logo and also for hnn

was also able to get a dc loc on what i'm not sure cause the unit acted funny and tried to switch satellites. i was on 125 and it wanted to goto g1 133 but acuired the error listed above (i'm sure and didn't reach g1)

i don't have current maps and or guide..

thanks for the info guys i will also do a bunch more reading tonight

Attachments

• DSCF2637.JPG
    DSCF2637.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 273
  • DSCF2638.JPG
    DSCF2638.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 209
  • DSCF2640.JPG
    DSCF2640.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCF2643.JPG
    DSCF2643.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCF2646.JPG
    DSCF2646.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 258
east limit says 4786
west limit says 5422

its currently at 4785 or it thinks it is, i ran it all the way west today but it still said 4785

George,

The fourth picture from the left. The little white round wheel in the upper left hand corner is the limit switch. It has two lobes on it. The actual switch the lobes turn off is directly under the wheel.

When you run it all the way one way or the other, see if the little lobes actually touch the switch.

If they do touch, the screw can be loosened and the lobes moved. You may have to invert them to get more out of the actuator.

If the lobes don't ever touch the switch, there is a bind somewhere in the actuator.

Be careful not to let the arm travel too far, because it will come off the screw.

Hope that helps!

Fred

lol fred i've actually had one go all the way east :)

but i get what your saying with the switch. it does move left & right ( east & west for the full arc) from 139 to 85 so i know the arc works . maybe i fried the sensor
cause i can't get the receiver to talk to the motor , it (the receiver) doesn't know the dish is moving.

thanks for the input guys

If it counts pulses, the sensor is not fried.

The pulses or counts come from the sensor. It may not be counting correctly in which case the magnet wheel may need to be adjusted or cleaned etc. The wires may be corroded that run to the sensor.

It is probably something real simple.

Fred

ok i locked on a vc channel and it updated the time (clock) now the maps i don't really know how do you know if they updated ??
not sure which satellite i was on it had hbo on tp 15 but i've been on 125 127 131 & 133 so it could have been any of those ...

ok great i will have to check it tomorrow lol as i'm at work

after you've played with your 920 have you found , more than you thought you would.

ok it still says 4641 channels

i tried a few things this morning , so i will post what i done and ask your opinion.

i went in and had tuned in already to Galaxy V trandponder 5 it does give a channel name (i will get it later i forgot it) and its a videociper channel ( i have it tuned in as G1) and i lose the channel if i change the satellite to C4 ( the dish dosen't move , i just lose the channel) ok next

on this channel i get a 68-72 signal it the best i can get or so i thought.... i'm using the bsc621 and i don't know if i have it set correctly. i tuned it for DVB on my coolsat for g10 and it picks up across the arc with good readings. but for 4dtv it doesn't get good signal until i went in and 6 - 4 - 2 and told the lnb to rotated 90 degrees now signal is at 90. so does this mean that my lnb is 90 degrees out or is this just a setting for 4dtv ??

any thoughts
hopefull i will get to work on the motor tomorrow

well i parked it on a dc lit channel on g10 which i see nothing on and turned it off and today when i turned it back on its at 4787 on the channels

when on a dc lit channel ( and i don't have a sub) i get the signal & quality but nothing shows... on g0 channel 5 i get signal 82 and quality of 45 with dc light on

on g0 channel 19 i get signal of 82 vc light is on it says its spike east ( and when i check the installation datta is says SQ is 100%

on g0 channel 120 i get a signal of 68 and SQ of 62-64% but no picture

ok i can get the motor to move left or right ( east west) without having to swap the white & red wires ( due to limit error with the east button). but the unit doesn't count so maybe something else isn't correct. or maybe i need to master reset and start over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)