dsr 920 card slot

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lakegazers

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
California
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but....
I am looking at a dsr 920 4dtv receiver. What is the card slot for?
I have a side car (905) and have programming through the programming center. Would this receiver work for me?
I am looking at something that steers my bud so to make it easier for the family to enjoy. I now have a motek box. To them just something else that needs to be messed with to change birds.
Thanks
pjohnson

If you're talking about the card slot in the opening in the back, its for a VC II module. A 920 would work if its in good working condition. Make sure the battery has been recently changed, the receiver ID is still valid, it comes with a remote and the receiver puts out a good picture and sound. A 922 receiver is also another option. Have fun.

If your talking about the card slot in the front? It's if they needed to fix a security issue which never happened. In short it's just there and not used.

It is in the rear of the unit.
back.jpg

It is in the rear of the unit.
back.jpg

That slot was for the VC2 RS descrambler, if the *VC2+* got hacked they *GI* could send you a card to update it. There is also a card slot under the door on the front bottom left. This was used for the same thing except for the integrated DC II descrambler.

Attachments

• 920SLOT.jpg
    920SLOT.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 139
dsr 920

So as I understand it, this would work for my subscription channels with the programming center as well as be an Analog receiver ? So it would be an additional analog also , Like my Mercury Star II ? (Which controls my ku band dish). I would not need any card or anything for it to work.

dsr 920

Thanks so much. I appreciate the help I've got on this site.
One more question .... What's exactly is the difference in the 920 and the 922 . Just one is newer?
thanks again

Dsr 922

1. S/PDIF Connection

Allows encoded material to be played as stereo or decoded by a Dolby® Brand Pro-Logic® surround sound processor for AC-3®, 5.1 channel sound.
2. Multimedia Access Port (MMAP)
The MMAP is primarily designed to allow you to receive high definition channels via the HDD-200. The MMAP connection can also allow your 4DTV receiver to adapt to a compatible computer and future technology.
3. S-Video Connection
S-Video output is active on all channels, both digital and analog, and is effective at reducing "dot crawl" and other picture anomalies.
4. Baseband Video Connection
Allows for the connection of external baseband accessories and stand alone descramblers.
5. Relocated Motor Terminals
6. Dual Audio/Video Outputs
Gold plated connectors. One set fixed, one set variable.
New Tuner Section
The new "one" piece motherboard makes a difference.
Digital DigiCipher® II Programming
The 4DTV receiver comes with full MPEG-2 decompression capability built-in, which enables you to receive more programming per satellite in both scrambled, and "in the clear" digital formats.
Standard VCRS Interface
The 4DTV receiver allows you to reuse your current VCRS module to access all VideoCipher® II Plus subscription channels.
NTSC "in the clear" programming
Analog reception offers free programming including raw network feeds, wild feeds, sports feeds, home shopping and international feeds.

Plus it receives more symbol rates then the 920. (Get's more channels)

Here's more:

Motorola 4DTV - Improved Motherboard Specifications

Motorola 4DTV - New Tuner/Demodulator Circuitry

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts