Dsr 920 questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
I went and looked at a dsr 920 that a older guy had. He had it in its hayday. I don't think the battery has ever been changed by I think it has only recently been out a service. I cut it on to check it out, but I don't know a whole lot to look for to see if its ok to get. I did notice it did not have a tile for w5 or x4 but it did have a few I reconized such as g0 and g1. Would I be able to use this without losing these tiles? Is it even worth getting being I already have a 410?

If the UID is good and you get it change the battery ASAP. 4DTV Online... DSR 920 Battery Replacement

You will need to point it at X4 105 west to get the X4 tile. You will need to use G0 ch 11 or 13 to get that tile. If it has the generics CA, CG, CE, CF etc it has the old Motorola maps. If not its limited until we release Map Master. 4D Map Master | The Official 4D Map Master Website. The ONLY way to map the 4DTV! The 4DTV will allow you access to all the master DC-2 channels ITC always and ITC sometimes across the arc. Its really nice to be able to have access at your fingertips.

Unless I buy it how will I know that the unit id is good. Also would I be better trying to find a 922 or 920? The channel count I think said 4450 or around that. is that good or bad

Take a 13 inch tv with you fire it up and check the ID. (If the guy gives you crap tell him to have a nice day and don't buy)

If its less then $25-$35 i would go for it.

Plus to change the battery in the 920 is easy.

Well he did hook it up for me and I looked at the tiles and such but I don't know if the unit id it was showing was any good or not. He hasn't changed the battery I'm sure and I think for the money he wanted(100 beans) that I'm better off looking at somewhere else. The people may way that have them remember paying 700,800 dollars for them and they don't wanna give'm away for peanuts. I was tempted cause I jump at stuff to easy but I took a step back and said I better wait.

What are you trying to do?

I am guessing your wanting to view some other dcii channels not on W5?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)