DSR 920 rehit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
Recently I had a battery replacement on my 920. Before then, I was getting GB tps like Bloomberg, etc. I had the receiver reprogrammed when I got it home. It did the remappings like it suppose to, but I cannot recieve anything on GB or other birds. I did the diagnotics (C). Instead of
ZK, I get NA. All the DC 2 lite up.
When I did the remapping, I did it on G1-13. It had a DC lite. Never had much luck on G1-3, too weak. 151 and others have DC 2 lites.
How do I get a rehit? Before the battery replacement I never had a suscription. Do I have to have a subscription to get a rehit? If not, what do I need to do?
I have a good signal strength and great ebno.
Thanks!

Note: The clock has not reset yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you didn't loose your unit ID? it sounds like you need a hit. Call a program provider for one (SRL, NPS). You will probably need to subscribe to something to get the hit though. I don't know how freely they give out hits anymore without buying product. Having a subbed box since I bought mine I never have issues getting hits. Heck the 4dtv is designed for subscription programing and the freebies are very lean so it's best to pick something you can enjoy and get that subscription.

Thanks Tvropro!
I called and got a hit!
Now I can watch good programs that comes in clear.
I am planning to subscribe in the near future.
The battery replacement is a success, thanks to Dishdigger! I had him installed the new battery for me three weeks ago. I had two AA battery holders installed. One has the new battery while the other would be used when I need to replace the battery again. All I would do is install the new battery in the empty holder and pop out the old battery from the other holder.

Glad it works... Your best bet since you have a 4D is to sub to something. That's what it's really for. I don't have allot of subscription channels just a small mini pack and a few alacarts that does fine for me. Plus I'm doing my part to keep the 4d's alive and enjoy my programming. :)

Congrats Norm on getting it back up and running :)

Your best bet since you have a 4D is to sub to something. That's what it's really for
agreed. I just need to get an motorized C-Band dish ;)
(or a better line of site for the western satellites)

Yea, I was really worried that it was the end of my 920.
It's good to have friends like Dishdigger who did my battery change for me. He was the one who won the 1.2 dish and HH motor drive a coupla months ago. I have seen his setup and I am really impressed!
I will subscribe to some channels as soon I get some of the hospital and medical bills paid off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts