Dsr 922 & Bsc621

Status
Please reply by conversation.

d5070

Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
Trying to resurrect old 10foot mesh dish,used 922,new621lnbf.Suscribed to NPS program.C4 reception is great on cband.C3 bad.G5 5 good, 6 nothing, 17 fair, 22 fair,24 poor.G3 cband great.T6 great,gb great.Can not find any ku band whatsoever.
Anyone got any suggestions? Also new cable run with separate band coxail.

Did you tell the 922 you have an LNBF and rotated 90???? Doing so will activate the voltage controlled polarity switching. That was my first thought.

Yes I told it,C and ku band lnbf and rotated 90 degrees. Nice pic of Dr. Scott

The BSC 621 can be a little finicky. I recently bought one and you can't beat (for the money).
Bump your dish east/west until you have peaked the signal. Take your receiver outside near the dish and connect it to the lnb. You will probably have to peak the skew and focal distance to get the best signal quality.

Make adjustments very slowly as I have found 4dtv units don't make very good tuning tools because of their lethargic reaction time on the signal quality meter. You can do it but take your time. If you had the struts loose and installed a new scalar ring, you will have to fine tune the focal point. Don't assume that just because the struts are all adjusted at equal lengths that you are in the focal point "sweet spot". Loosen the screws that hold the scalar ring and very gently 1/16 of an inch at a time slide the entire lnbf and scalar ring left/right up/down to find the best signal after you have the dish tuned to a satellite with a signal lock.

After C-band is good, tune a Ku band signal and start over. Ku is three times more critical. I tuned quite a while on mine for Ku band. Works great now.

This should do the trick assuming your dish is in good shape (not warped) and it is tracking the arc properly.

another test to do is when you have the signal the best it can be lift of slightly on the dish or down and see if the signal gets better.

It should get worse either direction if your polar mount is set up properly.

See the Geo-orbit website.

Status
Please reply by conversation.