DSR-922, suggestions for cleaing VCRS battery leakage?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nhulst

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 20, 2007
I picked up a DSR-922 on Craigslist today. I plugged it in at the guy's house and it didn't do anything, so he told me to just take it, no charge. It turned out to have a leaky battery in the VCRS that got down on the main board. It has actually started up once and ran for about a minute, long enough for me to go into the menu and see that the UA is still good. Mostly, it either gets stuck with all the digits of the display turned on, or else gets stuck on WM UP. A quick Google search suggested using just plain distilled water to clean the gunk off the board. Would anyone else care to suggest anything? I feel like I might as well try, there's nothing to lose at this point.

Had a guy on ebay sell me a (formerly) nice analog IRD several years ago that had been the victim of that same event. Of course he didn't reveal that in his ebay advert, and got reallly nasty when I read my negative review of his "business". So that was ebay lesson, and only cost me a twenty dollar bill to some @#! too far away for me to go visit.
I wish I had a better idea of how to help you with yours, I think it would turn out to be delicate cleaning and circuit board work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts