DSR 922 Time

Status
Please reply by conversation.
FWIW my 920 was never converted. Right now it's slaved to my AZBox Elite as a dish mover but I do have coax running to both the C and Ku inputs. Whenever I'm not using my 920 I pull the plug from the power strip and shut it completely down since the AZBox is powering the DMX-741S LNBF. When I want to move the dish again I plug it back up and I can get the time to reset on GB-24 with my AZBox on a Vertical transponder. It will reset on some others too but I use GB as I spend more time on that satellite than anywhere else. When it resets it has always been correct to date.

By shutting down the AC power to your 4DTV you risk loosing your UID and maps since the battery is in play. You won't loose any precious information in your IRD by leaving it pugged in. If Motorola was going to do something with 4096 they would have already. If fact you risk more the way your doing it.

My 922 time has been messed up a bit lately.. I think that it has to do with the time change within the past couple of weeks. I've watched some of the FP mode channels on the 4DTV and have had the time change by several hours. After I go back to the X4 satellite, it normally corrects itself, but last night it was still behind by 1 hour.

I can usually get a good minute sync on C4-600 (Discovery master) As long as the time zone is set right by a hit it should respond well there. Yesterday Motorola hit my 4D on X4 and made it loose an hour everywhere. I had to call SRL and have them remove my active sub (MTV mini with Sky) and reinstate it to set the time zone right again. I think Motorola was trying to fix the problem by hitting everyone on X4 with a time adjust of -1 hour. I noticed I got quite a few hits yesterday then the clock was - 1hr. The problem is some of the muxes on X4 have the time ahead 1 hour and some don't. Motorola needs to reset sync on those muxes only.

They Know

I talked to techs at SRL, Sky and Motorola for 3 days after time change. Some know their stuff and talked to me others either dont know or dont want talk and blew me off as an isolated case advising to give time and see what happens. Motorola wont talk like they did in the past, they only refer me to Sky. Until yesterday my 922 was jumping ahead 1 hour but the guide was correct for my central time. Yesterday it started jumping back 1Hour like it was on eastern time and the guide was in sync with the time. It has been stable between 3am and 7pm in either case. However, btw 7pm and 3am it is unstable and jumped ahead but now back 1 hour whenever I changed transponder channels or shut it off or arbitrarily. I have been staying on X4 for the most part. The fact that it started jumping back yesterday makes me think someone is trying to correct the problem. Since I DVR extensively I have had to add an extra hour at the end of my 922 setting to get the program. Now I have to add 1 hour at the beginning to be certain I get the program.

By shutting down the AC power to your 4DTV you risk loosing your UID and maps since the battery is in play. You won't loose any precious information in your IRD by leaving it pugged in. If Motorola was going to do something with 4096 they would have already. If fact you risk more the way your doing it.

The battery was replaced two years ago and the one I pulled out was still fine. I'm not going to worry about it or Moto at this point. If it looses it then it looses it. I've got two new Vbox X controllers sitting here and as soon as the weather breaks I'm going to use one of those on that dish and that 920 will go on the shelf. Oh, and I unplug almost all the other electronic devices in the house, ie, computers, TVs, other receivers, etc. when they're not in use. I don't do that to conserve electricity or to be "green", I do it to save money! ;-) Yeah, I'm cheap!

I turn off AC to things too but certain gear I leave on . The 4DTV only uses like 25 watts in standby mode, thats very minor and I need my unit ID or I cannot subscribe. If your not interesting in subscribing maybe you should sell the 920 to someone that would and use the V box that would also give you a few extra dollars :)

Was checking transponders that are messed up in channels I sub to, TR 6 is an hour ahead.

Glad to see I have lots of company with the time shifting back & forth. I know the old 920 I'm using is flaky. Moto is playing something as it goes in & out of DST and I'm mostly on the History channels.

I sent an e-mail to Skyvision about this issue. This isn't a real big issue unless someone is trying to use timers.

Mine was losing an hour. I called SRL. They took it out then rehit it and so far everything is back to normal. Since I changed sub packages the same time the clocks changed I can't pinpoint the cause.

Don't know if was the problem, but SRL told me the problem with time was a problem with the guide and that is suppose to be fixed. As of today I am showing correct time on all X4 channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)