DSR 922 Time

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BranSat

Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Edgemoor, SC
If any channel is selected between 288 (Speed) and ending at 294 (NGC) one hour is added. Going to any other channel or turning the receiver off will return to the correct time.

This also effects the timers, for a test, with the receiver on channel 211. I set the timer to come on at 11:45 AM and go off at 12:47 PM for channel 288. Turned the receiver off, comes on at the correct time, but two minutes later (11:47 AM) the receiver turned off.

BranSat said:
If any channel is selected between 288 (Speed) and ending at 294 (NGC) one hour is added. Going to any other channel or turning the receiver off will return to the correct time.

This also effects the timers, for a test, with the receiver on channel 211. I set the timer to come on at 11:45 AM and go off at 12:47 PM for channel 288. Turned the receiver off, comes on at the correct time, but two minutes later (11:47 AM) the receiver turned off.

I can't test this, I'm running only 410s at the moment...but this sounds ugly :(

This could be bad as it appears that corruption is taking place. These receivers are old and it is amazing many are still running. Mine has started making a most noticeable 60 cycle hum like an old Lionel ZW Transformer. Try as hard as we can
we are gonna lose these things.

:mad:

I checked it out on my 920 and my clock works fine so maybe someone else with a different receiver can check it on their end.

I see my clock increase an hour on certain channels on my 922 too. HITS has a problem. Time we all call SRL and have them check into it.

tvropro said:
I see my clock increase an hour on certain channels on my 922 too. HITS has a problem. Time we all call SRL and have them check into it.

Yes HITS has a problem. My 410 went forward 2 hours for DST instead of 1 like my 920! :eek:

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I called SRL and they said only a handful of people have complained. If your having problems call 1800-432-8876 and let them know. You need to be added to the list so they can give this info to Motorola. Squeaky wheel gets the oil!

just to add my 905 to the list of weirdos...haha. If I "surf" to other satellites (say, C3) I get a new provider hit ID 134 (cool...who is this?) When I go back to the x4 channels, it gets a hit, reloads the time, changes provider ID to 4160, etc. until I change channels on x4 (w5 whatever) then the time is all over, correct or off an hour. I am subscribed 'til Apr 22, so I don't think it is me....IIRC, 905 is the same motherboard, no? YMMV

wolfgirlNW

I have encountered a similar issue since recently subbing to the MTVpack.

I was able to confirm this problem with my 922. I subscribe to Pick 10 and Starz. NGC is in my Pick 10. I went to NGC numerous times and every time I did, the time advanced one hour on both the receiver and the guide. When I went to other channels in my subscription, the time in my receiver and guide returned to the correct time.
I will call SRL tomorrow.

Some time over night the problem has changed, now when the receiver is off or on any channel with the exception of 288 - 294, it is display eastern standard time.

I have talked to SRL, one representative told me it was because I did not do the seven step conversion. But talking to Skyvision, that is not the case. They are seeing the problem in 905, 920 and 922. The 410’s do not seem to have the problem.

There is a problem on HITS end it's not us. Getting Motorola to resolve it is another thing. The clock was fine before the time change. Some muxes didn't update to DST it has nothing to do with the 7 step to brick vs the 4 steps etc. The 4DTV reads the active clock reference for the channel and using your zip code adjusts accordingly if it can lock the EMM. I would bet the commercial IRD's are off too. Funny how 4096 when active seemed to work on all birds. Maybe Motorola need to go dumpster diving and dig the old 486 out and do some code dumps. Hey the 4D Map Master guys can help out for a fee to Motorola of course. ;)

My 4dtv lost an hour today. So I called SRL and they did a deauth and reauth and set the time right again. They were trying to pass it off as a problem with the 4 step conversion. I contacted some inside people and they said Motorola has the problem and will have to fix it. So we need to wait for the big M to get off their lazy butts :(

One of my 922s went back an hour, but the other kept the correct time. I did a rehit from WebSams this morning and that corrected the time.

My 4dtv lost an hour today. So I called SRL and they did a deauth and reauth and set the time right again. They were trying to pass it off as a problem with the 4 step conversion. I contacted some inside people and they said Motorola has the problem and will have to fix it. So we need to wait for the big M to get off their lazy butts :(
CORRECTIONS ARE TEMPORARY, IT KEEPS GOING BACK TO STANDARD TIME. I think Motorola is screwing around. I don't go with the lazy (stinky yes!) butt theory.

My 922 lost an hour yesterday (again). It's been doing this, off and on, since I subbed to Pick 10 right around the same time DST started. It has to be a problem at the source, otherwise it wouldn't keep changing back and forth.

One of the biggest mistakes GI did when designing the 4DTV is not allowing us to set the clock and add our own satellites and channels. Did they really think that by them controlling the masses it would be better? Maybe we can rectify the clock setting problem after the Map master project is done. It would be cool to have a firmware update that we could supply that gave us total control like any other IRD has. I wonder if Motorola would mind us setting our own clock? I don't see anything illegal with that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)