DSR410 4DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nosbod

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Blind River Ontario
I recently acquired a DSR410 to subscribe for 4DTV. I have an 7.5 foot mesh dish and in order to get a green light on channel 204 I have to almost reverse the polarity on my LNBF. Once this is done then the rest of C Band is gone.

I was wondering if I bought another LNBF and mounted directly below my current LNBF if I would receive enough signal to still get a green light on channel 204 or am I looking at buying a 6 foot dish and going that route.

Thanks in advance.

I think there is an option on the 410 (in the menus) to " rotate 90" (rotate skew 90 degrees) so it will work properly with other receivers

There probably is however I have an LNBF so I can't use that option and I don't have cabling out at the dish for skew adjustment. I was just wondering if anyone has run into this or has done the same thing. I will probably buy another LNBF and try to mount it below the first. If that doesn't work then I guess I'll look at buying a 6 footer.

The LNBF will take care of the 90 degree skew issue

Skew the LNB properly and in the menu setups change where it says "rotate 90" and it should work fine so you can use the 410 and a regular FTA receiver

I found out that thing works best if it has its own dish/lnbf, lol. Luckily I had another 7.5'dish I could dedicate to the 410 so it hasn't been a problem for me, but I did see it would be hard to use the same dish for fta, and move it around too. Guide would lose info, etc.

The dsr-410 can be a pain in the rear. I would go with a 6 footer 105 is a strong bird I have seen H2H work on a 120cm offset dish before sig was around 40.

The polarity is reversed on a 410. Unlike the 905/92x it does not have the option to reverse the polarity - which works with an LNBf

...I did see it would be hard to use the same dish for fta, and move it around too. Guide would lose info, etc.
If you can stand the Guide problem, here is the cheapest, least trouble:
Mount your second C-band LNBF *beside* the main LNBF on your existing 7.5' dish.
Rotate it as required for the annoying 410.
Yes, you have to move the dish 4 - 6 degrees to bring the new LNBF into position.

There have been numerous examples shown on the forum of side-by-side mounting.
Iceberg did a fine one, if you search.

The polarity is reversed on a 410. Unlike the 905/92x it does not have the option to reverse the polarity - which works with an LNBf

You could always physically rotate the LNBf 90 degrees out at the dish.

Cheers

another way to skin the cat

Before I suggested the side-by-side idea, I was thinking there might be a way to do it electrically.
It made my head hurt, so when I had a simpler solution, I abandoned the electrical one.

Probably need a dual output LNBF such as the C2 from SatelliteAV.
Then, you'd need to modify a multi-switch.
I'd start with the 4x8 powered switch Pendragon made so popular.
That was as far as I got.
Maybe someone will pick up the idea and run with it. ;)

Thanks Anole: reading your last post even makes my head hurt. I've already gone with the simpler sugestion, just waiting for the parts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)