DSR410 Asynchronous Data

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
I have a Skyvision DSR410

Port 4 on the back is labeled 'Asynchronous Data' - any idea what I can use that for?

Is that an ASI output (he asks hoping!)

TIA

I have a Skyvision DSR410

Port 4 on the back is labeled 'Asynchronous Data' - any idea what I can use that for?

Is that an ASI output (he asks hoping!)

TIA

Yes it would be nice however no its not an ASI output.

I do not believe you can really do anything with the 'Asynchronous Data' output.

For ASI out you need a Commercial Satellite Receiver. Like a DSR-4410

When I bought my DSR410 from Skyvision a few years ago it came with some sort of cable. I just assumed it was for the HDD200 connections. It looks like the MMAP connector on some of the other Motorola receivers. I never bothered the investigate what the cable is. I could post a pic if anyone is interested.

When I bought my DSR410 from Skyvision a few years ago it came with some sort of cable. I just assumed it was for the HDD200 connections. It looks like the MMAP connector on some of the other Motorola receivers. I never bothered the investigate what the cable is. I could post a pic if anyone is interested.

Is it a DB-9 to 3.5mm connector?

The DB9 port is for a HDD200

I'm thinking the other port is Baseband Output - like on the DSR92x

The DB9 port is for a HDD200

I'm thinking the other port is Baseband Output - like on the DSR92x

Baseband output wouldn't have any use on a digital receiver. It's generally only found on analog receivers for FM^2 type signals, ie FM signals modulated on the carrier of another FM signal, such as the audio on an analog TV signal.

The cable is a Y. It has a DB-9 female, 1 RCA and one 3.5mm. I have no idea why Motorola boxed it with the 410.

Interesting! If only I knew why :)

On the DSR420 the DB9 and RCA sockets are together in a "box" labelled with an "i".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)