Any Scientific DATA Available?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not really sure, maybe in Europe it can be used in that manner.
How would you transmit the outgoing request packets?
I figured something similar to Outernet or other data downloads from satellite. Just saw the features and started this thread hoping to be able to download scientific data from satellites. Not really sure what else "High-speed data download via satellite*" could mean.

Thinking back before I started this thread like a complete noob, I should have just posted this image instead.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: BigRyan
OK ok "SkyGrabber" that certainly SOUNDS awesome!!!
Everywhere else but in the US

00000.jpg

All these tuner cards were really made for the Europeans I think.
That's how they get TV, along with DVB-T. We have Cable and DirecTV.

The PCI cards and USB tuners are often used for capturing unencrypted satellite IP streams and extracting the data (referring to Internet data, not IP programming). As this is data, not program stream broadcast / distribution and not intended for public reception, I question the legality of this type of interception.

Many providers offer satellite internet via C and KU bands. The customers are usually remote or international and popular with hotels, Internet cafes, yachts and individuals requiring thru-put or increased reliability. While most require a two way satellite modem, some can use a sat tuner card or USB to receive data and call-up via telephone modem.

Last edited:
Reactions: fred555
Wow this is great, so how expensive of a HF antenna do I need? I'm going to look into this option for sure, thanks so much for sharing.
To receive HF transmissions there are many antennas to choose from. What to use depends on a lot of factors like your budget, location, size of your property, availability of structures to connect them to. A long wire antenna you can make yourself to keep costs minimal, or a dipole, or a vertical. Or you can purchase them pre-made at a reasonable price on line from any ham radio/shortwave radio vendor. Wire antennas require height meaning you have to have a way of getting them up above ground. I prefer verticals since you can mount them on the ground - climbing trees and roofs is not my bag. You might want to check out a distributor like Universal Shortwave, they have antennas for shortwave. You may have to try different antennas to get the best signal.

Just my two cents, am sure others have ideas.

Reactions: BigRyan
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)