DSR630 setup help

Alfiero

Original poster
Sep 8, 2015
BC
I am currently trying to install and activate a DSR630 reciever using a 75cm eliptical dish. Unfortunealty when I tried to get the signal levels, the status page shows no 2nd tuner. Does anyone know how to turn on this 2nd tuner. Shaw tells me they can not properly activate this with no signal on 2nd tuner??
I have attached a photo of the status page. Thank-you in advance for any advice.

IMG_0147.JPG

1. how many lines do you have running from your LNB to the receiver? If it's only one, that is your problem
2. are you using a KU or xKu LNB? your receiver is mapped to xKu

I defer to the expertise of other posters for other possible problems?

Thank you , I do have two lines connected, but have a ku LNB, guess I will need to change it to the xKu. Hopefully that will solve the problem

you just need to change the channel, try 350 and then 700 they both come in on either the new lnb or the old quad lnb.
and both tuners will read. go to a different channel like 299 or something and the tuner will read zero again until it is activated then you can change channels after that, but give it at least 10 minutes or watch system status until line "F" Map Status reads Exists, 760-4321 new lnb or 564-4320 old lnb (these are western numbers, east will be different)