SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
Back in 2006, PT24 moved to the following:

ABC and CBS on W3
NBC on F3

All channels broadcast in DCII

A DSR920 wasn't compatible with the signal, I think because of the SCPC & MCPC difference (920 only does MCPC).

Does anyone know what the status is now for the new networks?

Specifically the Denver 8 and SRL Networks - can I use my 920 or am I duffed?

Thanks!

The 920 will not do the SR / FEC for the SRL nets on W3 (905/922 needed). It should do the Rocky Mountain 8 though.

You can get the East networks ( [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Atlanta ) on G3 from NPS
[/FONT]

You can get the East networks ( [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Atlanta ) on G3 from NPS
[/FONT]

Thanks for that, am a bit worried about the qualilty though, are they compressed horribly?

I can get horribly compressed networks via FTA!

Thanks for that, am a bit worried about the qualilty though, are they compressed horribly?

Sorry, I can't answer that since I only get the three major network station out of Denver, but for a period of time they were open after the switch over and I didn't see anything at the time wrong with the signal, but again that's been some time ago. You can always go for one month to see what happens.

I saw them when they were ITC when NPS was putting them up for subs. All I can say is typical NPS bitstarved G3 look. The best looking Networks are the Rocky mountain 8.

I saw them when they were ITC when NPS was putting them up for subs. All I can say is typical NPS bitstarved G3 look. The best looking Networks are the Rocky mountain 8.

Financially the Rocky Mountain 8 makes sense, more channels, less money and hopefully decent PQ.

I don't and never will understand the thought process for this stuff, I can't get Fox on my 4DTV (DVB yes) through a provider, even though there is a Fox affiliate on G3 - odd.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts