DSR920 Lost Most of the Eastern Arc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Frijid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Utah
My 920 has been subbed for about a week now. I do not know the history of the 920 since I nabbed it from a freebie pile. I had all the satellites listed, including X4, so I just had to 0 out the emm from 4096 and forced a hit and I was switched to H2H. We've been watching TV without any issues. The guide was populating as expected and all subbed channels came in with great quality and signal strengths.

Last night I turned on the TV and noticed the receiver was searching for a channel. Earlier in the day we had no problems watching. The receiver was set to not move for updates. Upon inspecting the satellite list, I had approximately 21 listed to program and only 5 programmed. Previously I had over 30 satellites to program. The majority of those between W6 and E2 are gone. I have a couple P satellites to choose, but none of I ones. I verified that the E/W was still valid and the tick count for G0, G5, C3, G1 and C4 aligned the dish to the right location. The analog channels came in fine on these satellites. I put the dish on G1 channel 3 and got the DC light, cleared the emm and tried forcing a hit. The hit count did not increment as it had done before. I powered offed the ird and then unplugged the power for 30 seconds. Plugged it back in and the receiver is still exhibiting the same behavior. The current channel count is a little over 4000 which is less than I had earlier in the week.

I believe that in the unit status - Option 602, that it still had a number greater than 30. I'll have to verify this when I am in front of the ird.

If I used G5 or a different satellite listed and moved back to W5, what are the chances of the other satellites showing back up?

Does this sound like corruption and a master reset is in order? I documented all the current satellites and E/W limits in the event this was the only option to recover.

It's possible the TDT is maxed out at 1920. If thats the case then the DSR will delete satellites by itself. To check TDT go to options 6 0 5 then hit the right arrow to diagnostics G shows up. Line 1, 5th entry is TDT, if it says 1920 a master reset is needed.

Does this sound like corruption and a master reset is in order? I documented all the current satellites and E/W limits in the event this was the only option to recover.

Does the receiver ID on screen match what is printed on the back of the receiver? When my model 920 receiver exhibited what you've described, the battery had died and the unit had lost it's ID.

TDT is at 1744 currently. How much does the IRD decrement when it reaches 1920?

I was able to get X4 back by using a different satellite tile and my FTA IRD to get on 105. After I got a DC lock, I ordered a rehit and got channels back. I haven't performed a MR yet, in the event I can get the other sats back. *wishful thinking*

The on screen ID matched the ID on the back. Who knows when the battery will die? So, I ordered a battery on order and will get that replaced.

Thanks for the responses!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)