dsr922 set up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mylifesakick

Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
Wisconsin
i just got a motorola dsr922 off ebay, and this is what came with it.
I have a 8' dish that has been mounted in my yard for years but not hooked up and it has cables running to the house yet, but only has one coaxal cable in the ribbon.
also has a 36 volt von weise satellite actuator, what i need to know is will this actuator work with this receive and is the ribbon cable right or does it need 2 coaxial cables in it?

Any help or comments would be appreciated, I am hopeing for free fta channels and also want to get a subscription for sports channels

Hopefully I didnt buy something so obsolete that it cant be used, this is what it said in the auction

FOR C-BAND AND KU BAND SATELITTE RECEIVER DISH... THIS IS A 4D TV HD RECEIVER, LIKE NEW, WITH REMOTE, WAS CONNECTED TO A 8FT WIRE MESH DISH. THIS UNIT ALONG WITH A DBS-3500 AND THE INTERCONNECT MODULE
ALSO IN THE PACKAGE IS THE LNB/LNA AND THE FEEDHORN ALREADY ADJUSTED AND READY TO MOUNT.
"THE DBS-3500 IS PRE PROGRAMMED AND READY TO USE, YOU WON'T HAVE TO PROGRAM EACH CHANNEL AND SATELITTE."!!

THIS ALL COMES WITH THE PACKAGE, 2 RECEIVERS, INTERCONNECT, LNA/LNB FEEDHORN IS ALL READY TO GO

Start by checking out the dish, quality of connections, cable, status of actuator and is LNB and polarotor there and connected correctly.

One cable and polarotor means dish is likely set up for C Band. LNB will tell you its area of operation.

Do not hook up receiver until dish is ready.

You can check the actuator for movement by using a battery charger to the motor wires usually red & black or white. These will be the heavy ones in the group with 3 smaller ones also. Before making connection with voltage sure they go to M1 & M2 on the actuator. If you connect them to the reed switch you will burn it out.

I will post some pictures soon. the receiver will be here sometime next week, along with a different lnb.

I will get some info from my dish and actuator also to post, As I said before the 8' dish is already up and in my yard.

it used to have a uniden 9900 reciever with vc2 but it quit working many years ago, that is why I bought the stuff off ebay to try to get it working.

I is a more of a fun project for me, but in the end I would like it working. I will post my progress as I go along.

Here also is a link to what i purchased
Motorola DSR922 Receiver - eBay (item 140513292180 end time Feb-19-11 13:08:41 PST)

Status
Please reply by conversation.